In November, Sarmayacar launched the nation's largest VC fund yet, a $30-million vehicle. The post Want to bring an institutional approach to investing in Pakistan, says Sarmayacar CEO appeared first on DealStreetAsia.
Trillions of dollars of investments are being taken out of carbon-intensive companies. Governments must now take noticeI remember well the first institution to announce it was divesting from fossil fuel. It was 2012 and I was on the second week of a gruelling tour across the US trying to spark a movement. Our roadshow had been playing to packed houses down the west coast, and we'd crossed the continent to Portland, Maine. As a raucous crowd jammed the biggest theatre in town, a physicist named Stephen Mulkey took the mic.
Qatar's sovereign wealth fund, famous for investments in London's Shard and Tiffany & Co., is quietly expanding its venture capital unit to invest in U.S. startups.
On December 14, 2018, Pakistan received its second installment of the US$ 3 billion in aid promised from Saudi Arabia on October 23, 2018. The US$ 1 billion given on December 14th boosted the foreign reserves of the State Bank of Pakistan, which went from US$ 7.2 billion to US$ 8.2 billion. The first installment [...]
LONDON and NEW YORK, December 14, 2018-- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice announced that Gregory Lai has been named a Partner of the Firm. Since joining the Firm in 2007, Mr. Lai has been actively involved in sourcing and evaluating investments across Europe, as well as working with portfolio company management teams on post-acquisition value-building strategies. He has played a leadership role with several of the Firm's investments, including B&M Retail (2013), BUT (2016), Exova (2008), HD Supply (2007), Motor Fuel Group (2015), and Rexel (2005).
The Kuwait Investment Authority (KIA), through its unit Wren House Investment Management, is nearing a deal to sell a 40% stake in its North Sea energy business to JPMorgan Asset Management. In July 2018, KIA closed on a deal to acquire oil and gas pipeline firm North Sea Midstream Partners from ArcLight Capital. More details [...]
As well as being able to load content faster than ever before, you'll now find it's much easier to find all the content you need about the Asian business world. MUMBAI (NewsRise) -- Infosys formed a joint venture with Hitachi, Panasonic, and Pasona to create a digital procurements platform as India's second-largest software exporter presses the pedal to bulk up its new technology business.
Acquires 81 per cent stake in the joint venture for Rs 1.74 billion. : India's second largest IT services firm Infosys on Friday announced the formation of a joint venture with Japan's Hitachi Ltd., Panasonic Corporation and Pasona Inc., as it looks to enhance its presence in the island nation. Infosys will acquire 81 per cent stake in Hitachi Procurement Service Co., a fully owned subsidiary of Hitachi which currently handles indirect materials purchasing function for the Hitachi Group. The three Japanese firms will hold the remainder of the 19 per cent stake in the joint venture.
Compass is launching a technology campus in Seattle geared toward building "real estate's first-ever end-to-end platform," and plans to hire at least 100 engineers. The SoftBank-backed brokerage, which has been in expansion mode, announced the West Coast Product & Engineering Campus in a Facebook post this week, according to Geekwire. The move came about two weeks after Compass brought on former Microsoft and Amazon executive Joseph Sirosh as its new chief technology officer. The firm's ... [more]
HNA has pushed ahead with asset sales that have so far included real estate, stakes in hotels groups and discussions on key overseas units such as Ingram Micro and its luxury $300-million-plus corporate "Dream Jet". The post China Development Bank supervises debt-laden HNA Group on asset sales appeared first on DealStreetAsia.