AUSTIN, Texas, Feb. 21, 2020 Kong Capital LLC announces a raise of $4 million in seed money from investors throughout the U.S. The investor group includes leading real estate entrepreneurs as well as private equity and venture capital managers. Kong Capital, based in Austin, focuses exclusively on strategic investment opportunities in the growing Senior Housing sector. Led by CEO Coe Schlicher and Principal Kate Ford, the firm offers an innovative approach to developing and enhancing projects in this asset class.
In private meetings with SoftBank, Elliott raised issues over the clarity of SoftBank's strategy, people familiar with the talks said.
Some of Latin America's leading venture capital investors are now backing hotel chains. In fact, Ayenda, the largest hotel chain in Colombia, has raised $8.7 million in a new round of funding, according to the company. Led by Kaszek Ventures, the round will support the continued expansion of Ayenda's chain of hotels in Colombia and [...]
There are many strategies to invest for retirement, but if they include loading up on stocks in your old age, they're dangerous, says Raoul Pal, former hedge fund manager and chief executive officer and co-founder of financial media company Real Vision. In an effort to assist Americans in preparing properly for their retirement, Pal and his company released a two-week campaign of retirement-related videos, which focus on different aspects of the investment process. Some episodes highlight the global pension industry, while others draw attention to how high investment fees and behavioral traps can hurt investors.
Equinom founder and CEO Gil Shalev says the firm's naturally-bred yellow peas will have as much as 50% protein content. Not yet registered? Join today to access Venture Capital Journal's industry insights and updates.
Firm releases its 4th-quarter portfolio. : Lone Pine Capital, the hedge fund founded by Steve Mandel (Trades, Portfolio), disclosed 12 new holdings when it released its fourth-quarter 2019 portfolio last week. The Greenwich, Connecticut-based firm picks stocks using a long-short strategy that focuses on bottom-up, fundamental analysis. Combining growth and value strategies, the firm, whose founder was a former "tiger cub" of Julian Robertson (Trades, Portfolio), is known to not hold positions for very long.
Also in this week's Agency Brief: Carmesi aims to end stigmas around menstruation in India, and more. : WPP's Wunderman Thompson announced in an internal memo obtained by Ad Age that Tamara Ingram, longtime agency vet and global chair, will be moving into a non-executive chair role before departing the company at the end of this year. "Tam has been a great friend and colleague to me, as I am sure she has been to many of you," WPP CEO Mark Read says in the memo.
This copy is for your personal, non-commercial use only. To order presentation-ready copies for distribution to your colleagues, clients or customers visit http://www.djreprints.com. https://www.barrons.com/articles/activist-hedge-fund-gets-a-chance-to-make-over-victorias-secret-51582323795 After years of declining sales and nearly a year of activist intervention, L Brands (ticker: LB) sold a 55% stake of the lingerie retailer to private equity powerhouse Sycamore Partners in a transaction that values Victoria's Secret at $1.1 billion. By holding onto the remaining 45% stake, L Brands and its shareholders reap the upside if Sycamore can enact a turnaround.
The private equity owner of HighTower Advisors is exploring ways to cash out of the largest registered investment adviser in the United States, including through a potential sale of the company, people familiar with the matter said on Friday.
AUSTIN, Texas, Feb. 21, 2020 Kong Capital LLC announces a raise of $4 million in seed money from investors throughout the U.S. The investor group includes leading real estate entrepreneurs as well as private equity and venture capital managers. Kong Capital, based in Austin, focuses...