New York Life Investments, a division of New York Life Insurance Company, is one of the world's largest global asset ...
Hiring Department: University of Missouri System, Office of the Treasurer
Senior Manager – Investment Analytics, Risk Management, and Operations
BASIC FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITY
Serves as the senior individual responsible for risk management, fund performance analysis, benchmarking and investment operations across the University’s $7.5 billion investment pools in accordance with the investment policies established by the Board of Curators.
This position reports directly to the Chief Investment Officer and is expected to function at a high level of independence, developing a mastery of the duties described below.
- Leader of the risk management, performance analysis and investment operations for the University’s investment pools.
- Leader in crafting investment policy monitoring and compliance initiatives.
- Primary liaison with external risk service provider(s) and responsible for evaluating results of risk monitoring systems and communicating those results to the Chief Investment Officer and other members of the investment team.
- Close working relationship with senior investment team members to develop risk exposure reporting across asset class and within asset class.
- Close working relationship with the investment consultant on matters related to portfolio risk.
- Primary liaison with the custodial bank on all investment accounting, tax, performance and operational related issues including custodial invoices.
- Responsible for ensuring all external manager fees are properly paid and recorded in accordance with contract terms. This includes both partnership and traditional external managers.
- Responsible for understanding and monitoring derivative positions across investment pools, working closely with the external derivatives manager to resolve issues surrounding valuation and collateralization.
- Responsible for development and adherence to a rebalancing program for investment pools, including rebalancing needed as part of the portable alpha programs.
- Responsible for processing and responding to investment manager information requests including, but not limited to, taxation and regulatory requirements (i.e., international tax representations, anti-money laundering, self-certifications, etc.).
- Primary liaison with outside auditors, responsible for providing information and responding to questions concerning all operational related aspects of the investment program.
- Responsible for monitoring partnership valuation procedures for consistency and appropriateness.
- Responsible for coordinating initial and on-going operational due diligence reviews of hedge fund managers selected or potentially selected for the alpha portfolios.
- Primarily responsible for creating investment reporting to the Board of Curators and the Investment Committee, as directed by the Chief Investment Officer.
- Performs other duties as needed or assigned.
Salary commensurate with education and experience. We will consider all levels of experience, the level of experience and education will determined the position level and salary.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration, economics, finance, or closely related field.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or significant relevant work experience with investment analytics, risk management or operations within an institutional investment organization.
- Strong analytical and data analysis skills.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively and collegially in a team environment.
- Ability to demonstrate integrity and high degree of ethics.
- Working knowledge of the investment markets, economic theories, and investment principles.
- Knowledge of investment accounting principles, performance measurement methodologies and benchmarking practices.
- Knowledge of institutional risk management practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of investment operational audit procedures.
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, paid time off, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor of Human Resource Services/Affirmative Action officer at 573-882-4256.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Disability Inclusion and ADA Compliance Manager at 573-884-7278.
Insights not available
Related Investment Jobs
1 month, 2 weeks ago
New York Life Insurance, US
2 years, 1 month ago