The ideal candidate will have some experience andknowledge across the breadth of the real estate development and/or investmentindustry, including ...
- Oversees all aspects of the real assets investment activity including, but not limited to:
- Lead identification of appropriate real assets investments sub-strategies such as real estate, infrastructure, and natural resources. Evaluate a wide variety of investment vehicles – including general partnership stakes, direct investments and co-investments.
- Responsible for all aspects of the investment sourcing, underwriting, diligence and documentation process for primary fund investments, co-investments and secondary investments.
- Manage the development of analyses and materials for the Underwriting and Investment Committee. Able to form and defend well-reasoned opinions culminating in thoughtful recommendations
- Work with operations and legal departments as part of the investment due diligence and execution process
- Prepare and present periodic reports, portfolio reviews and other ad hoc requests to investment team and relevant investment committees
- Maintain network with colleagues within the institutional investment community and among the investment manager community.
- Perform ongoing monitoring, analysis, rating and reporting of investments as well as the aggregate portfolio globally. Attend annual meetings and other GP updates.
- Maintain the investment database, including the analysis of portfolio company financial information and ranking of key performance indicators. Mine critical financial and operational data from portfolio company financials and reports.
- Partner with the Managing Director, Private Markets to stay abreast of capital markets conditions, pro-actively identify and research new strategic initiatives and tactical investment opportunities globally
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required
- MBA or advanced degree preferred
- CPA, CFA or CAIA designations, or progress towards designations preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of investment or finance experience required
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant global investment experience (either in the foundation, endowment, plan sponsor, private bank, public finance world or related private strategy experience) required
- Possess a solid knowledge of capital markets globally preferred
- Experience underwriting and investing in private real asset funds and relationship with general partners pursuing applicable strategies required
- Creative and Innovative thinking capabilities and ability to think outside the box required
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills with proficiency in excel modeling and financial statement analysis preferred.
- Direct real estate or infrastructure underwriting experience preferred
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member, superior work ethic, intellectual curiosity, accuracy and attention to detail in a fast-paced environment required
- Persuasive communication skills, including outstanding verbal and in written communication skills and ability to influence required
- This position is based in New Brunswick, NJ and will require up to 30% domestic and international travel
Insights not available
Related Investment Jobs
New York, NY, US
11 minutes ago
New York, NY, US
18 minutes ago