This position reports to the Chief Investment Officer and also receives day-to-day guidance from the Investment team in supporting the efficient and effective operation of the Foundation's investment function.
The person that holds this position has primary responsibility for serving as a liaison and managing information from the Foundation's external fund managers, custodian, and other service providers. They are also responsible for operational due diligence, fund data management, reporting and reconciling investment operation processes.
- Manages the annual audit in coordination with the Foundation’s finance team
- Forecasts portfolio cash flow and prepares forward looking asset allocation models
- Reconciles transactions and performance data with the custodian bank
- Prepares monthly time-weighted and dollar-weighted performance package
- Executes operational due diligence reviews on prospective investment managers, evaluates operational support structure, internal controls, trade processing and process flow
- Identifies and captures relevant data pertaining to new and established funds for inclusion in various databases
- Manages onboarding and implementation of portfolio management systems
- Processes authorized investment transactions.
- Prepares subscription documents and investment office contracts for execution
- Serve as liaison between Sloan’s investment and finance team and the Foundation’s external fund managers, custodian and other service providers
- Creates additional communication that is provided to the Investment Committee on a regularbasis
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Responds to inquiries from external fund managers, administrators, custodians and other service providers
- Continually looks for ways to improve workflow by eliminating redundancies and maintaining strong checks and controls.
- Other duties as needed
This position requires an individual who possesses an understanding of analytics and investment management, has an intellectual curiosity and pays close attention to detail. The successful candidate is a highly professional team orientated individual with unquestionable integrity.
The position requires superior organizational and quantitative skills as well as strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills. The incumbent must be able to effectively communicate ideas and results to colleagues formally and informally, in writing and verbally, in a logical, concise, and coherent manner, and to interface with external managers as appropriate.
An undergraduate degree is a prerequisite (minimum). An accounting background and a minimum of 3 years of related work experience in investment operations, global custodian, or fund administration is required. Computer skills must include a strong command of information management applications including Excel and PowerPoint, familiarity with accounting or similar database applications, and the ability to learn, utilize, and troubleshoot additional applications.
Strong knowledge of Backstop Solutions Group system is preferred. We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits. For consideration please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. In the subject line please reference the job title.
The Alfred P. Sloan Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.