Aksia is seeking an investment research professional to join our Private Credit Investment Research team. Our Investment Research …
Founded in 1934, the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation is a non-profit grantmaking organization dedicated to supporting original research and broad-based education pertaining to science, technology, and economics to improve the quality of American lives. The Foundation holds a core belief that scholars and practitioners who work in these fields are chief drivers of the nation’s health and prosperity. With its various grant programs, the Foundation seeks proposals for original projects led by outstanding teams and individuals.
The Alfred P. Sloan Foundation
The Investment Team at the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation is currently seeking an Investment Analyst to assist with the management of a $2 billion, broadly diversified portfolio including investments in various asset classes such as public equity, fixed income, hedge funds, hybrid credit, and private investments.
This position is a three-year program intended for early career investment professionals. Over this time, analysts will gain broad experience and exposure to portfolio management, fund selection, investment strategies and techniques. The Investment Team is seeking a candidate with 0-2 years’ work experience, pre-MBA, for this role. Assignments and duties of the Investment Analyst include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead efforts in data collection, performance updating, and updating of external investment analysis systems
- Work with colleagues in Information Systems, Investment Operations, and Finance to identify and validate key information for investments and financial reporting
- Assist with cash management, monthly accounting reconciliations, performance reporting, and other investment operations functions
- Support in preparing investment and analytic materials for Investment Committee members, Board members, and internal/external stakeholders
- Attend meetings and conference calls with existing and prospective investment managers. Have engaged discussions and take detailed meeting notes
- Monitor investment mailbox
- Maintain electronic database housing relevant investment reporting and manager information
- Participate in and supporting special projects on an ad hoc basis
- Other responsibilities, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, and/or related field; pre-MBA
- Zero-to-two years of experience in a financial services firm and/or similar role
- Strongly proficient with Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and other tools to create financial models/analysis is essential
- Understanding of capital markets and investments
- Demonstrated understanding of statistical methods, such as econometrics, statistics, etc.
- Knowledge of business and investment landscape
- Knowledge of investment systems and ability to learn new information management systems for investment monitoring and reporting
- Experience with Bloomberg, eVestment, Backstop Solutions, Caissa, Preqin, and Burgiss is preferred, but not required
- Strong analytical, critical analysis/reasoning, and problem-solving skills. Ability to identify key problems and suggest solutions is essential
- Superior attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; professional, collegial, energetic, able to develop productive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- Ability to work independently as well as in a group
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Interest and motivation in supporting the Foundation’s mission and goals
- Ability to travel as needed, including internationally
While the Sloan offices are currently closed due to the pandemic, staff will be required to return to in-person work in New York when it has been determined that it is safe for the offices to reopen.
The Foundation maintains an emphatic commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion among its staff. Those whose backgrounds and experiences would diversify the staff, including women and people from groups underrepresented in philanthropy, are encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in the Investment Analyst position, please apply following the directions below:
Required Documents: Resume, Cover Letter (both PDF format)
Email to: email@example.com
Subject Line: Application – Investment Analyst – [Last Name], [First Name]
You will be contacted directly should your background and qualifications be a match. Work samples and references may be requested during the interview process. The Alfred P. Sloan Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!
Insights not available
Related Investment Jobs
US / Remote, US
4 hours, 29 minutes ago