The University of Cambridge is one of the world's oldest universities and leading academic centres. Its reputation for outstanding academic ...
The Foundation investment team manages a broadly diversified portfolio in both public and private investments. The team is currently seeking an investment analyst to support the Foundations Investment Group. In addition to Private and Public Investment work, the analyst will work across the highly collaborative Investment Department, to support the Foundation’s overall investment activities. We are seeking a candidate with 2-3 years’ work experience, pre-MBA for this three year job assignment. ESSENTIAL DUTIES
• Performs quantitative analysis, financial modeling and research relevant to (Public Market, Private Investments, Portfolio Management).
• Assists in preparing investment and analytic materials for internal and external stakeholders.
• Assists with investment operations and performance reporting
• Works with colleagues in Information Systems, Investment Operations, and Finance to identify and validate key information for investments and financial reporting.
• Attend meetings and conference calls with existing and prospective investment managers. Have engaged discussions and take detailed meeting notes for future reference by colleagues.
• Participates in and supports special projects on an ad hoc basis.
• Performs other duties, as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, and/or related field.
• Two to three years of experience in a financial services firm and/or similar role and pre-MBA.
• Understanding of capital markets and investments.
• Demonstrated understanding of statistical methods, such as econometrics, statistics, etc.
• Knowledge of business and investment landscape.
• Knowledge of investment systems and ability to learn new information management systems for investment monitoring and reporting.
• Strong analytical, critical analysis/reasoning and problem-solving skills. Ability to identify key problems and suggest solutions is essential.
• Superior attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; professional, collegial, energetic, able to develop productive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
• Strongly proficient with Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Outlook). Experience with Microsoft Excel and other tools to create financial models/analysis are essential.
• Able to work independently as well as in a group.
• Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
• Interest and motivation in supporting the Foundation’s mission and goals.
• Able to travel as needed, including international
The Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Investment Analyst position is intended for early career investment professionals. Over a three year period, analysts will gain exposure and a broad range of experience in preparation of continued educational pursuits or next steps in their investment career at the Foundation or in the field. Work samples may be requested during the interview process. We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits. For consideration please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. In the subject line please reference the job title. The Alfred P. Sloan Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fund of Funds from United States
Fund Manager from
Asset Manager from United States
Fund Manager from
Related Investment Jobs
5 days, 1 hour ago