The Massachusetts Pension Reserves Investment Management Board is seeking a Senior Investment Officer for our Public Markets investment team. ...
The Director of Investments is a generalist, adept at managing all functions of a large and diverse investment portfolio. He or she ensures liquidity, yield and security of University and Foundation investments through overseeing and coordinating the activities of investment advisors and investment consultants. The Director of Investments coordinates and monitors all aspects of the University and Foundation investment program.
1. Oversees and coordinates activities of, and serves as Foundation liaison with, the outsourced Chief Investment Officer (CIO) as approved by the Foundation Board. This includes working with outsourced CIO to monitor investment activity, analyze activity against long-term investment policies, peer and portfolio performance metrics, monitor portfolio risk characteristics and compliance with investment guidelines, monitor asset allocation and re-balancing actions in accordance with the investment policy. With outsourced CIO, meet regularly with the Investment Committee and/or Chair to discuss investment issues, set committee meeting agendas, and communicate investment strategy, initiatives, performance, and other appropriate matters. Monitors and facilitates the performance evaluation of the outsourced CIO.
2. Oversees and coordinates activities of, and serves as University liaison with, the working capital investment consultant as approved by the University Board. This includes working with the consultant to monitor investment activity, analyze activity against short-term investment policies, peer and portfolio performance metrics, monitor portfolio risk characteristics and compliance with investment guidelines, monitor asset allocation and re-balancing actions in accordance with the investment policy. Monitors and facilitates the performance evaluation of the investment consultant.
3. Compiles investment-related information for internal and external use. This may include:
• Developing and presenting investment information, including portfolio performance and expected returns, to the University’s Board of Trustees
• Reviewing and assessing the accuracy/appropriateness of investment valuations provided by the University’s and Foundation’s investment managers
• Preparing the annual data submitted to NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments
• Compiling investment footnotes included in University and Foundation financial statements
• Compiling investment-related public records requests
4. Oversees and coordinates the investment activities of the Foundation’s planned gift management advisor. This includes monitoring investment activity, reviewing performance against benchmarks, and proposing updates, as necessary, to investment policies.
5. Facilitates and executes investment transactions and investment documents, as needed. This includes:
• Reviewing, executing, and submitting of student investment trades to the master custodian.
• Executing capital calls to self-directed private equity funds such as the Ohio Innovation Fund.
• Executing working capital investment trades (as recommended by the working capital investment consultant) when cash is moved to or from the University’s working capital investment portfolios.
• Facilitating the review and approval of investment fund documents, including new private equity subscriptions or private equity fund extensions.
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, economics or related field
• Must have experience with portfolio management, including alternative investments and manager due diligence
• More than 8 years work related experience
• 3-5 years supervisory or managerial experience
Insights not available
Related Investment Jobs
Boston, MA, US
10 hours, 5 minutes ago
Boston, MA, US
10 hours, 10 minutes ago