Arbor, a real estate investment trust that invests in a diversified portfolio of multifamily and commercial real estate-related loans and ...
The Director, Investments will join a small, dynamic team that is responsible for the stewardship of the Foundation’s $2.0 billion investment portfolio. The Director will be one of the key members covering existing managers across various asset classes, searching for, evaluating and recommending new fund managers, and participating with investment staff in portfolio performance attribution and risk management. In addition to these manager-related responsibilities, the incoming Director will also be helping the team develop tactical strategies to advance performance in all areas of the Foundation’s portfolio, as well as pursue other strategic goals, such as diversity, equity and inclusion. Training and development of staff as well as a focus on continual improvement of processes is also part of this essential role on the team. The Director will be regularly joining the team in presenting performance reviews, new manager recommendations, ideas and themes to the Investment Committee.
The Director, Investments will be managing their time across the following investment functions for the portfolio:
- Investment research, manager due diligence and fund selection across a variety of asset classes;
- Legal and operational implementation of investment decisions;
- Effective coverage, and ongoing evaluation and analysis of the Fund’s existing managers across all asset classes, staying abreast of significant changes in the investment landscape as well as the investment management organizations;
- Investment operations for risk management and performance attribution;
- Investment Committee presentations;
- Special investment projects arising from changing needs of the portfolio.
- MBA, other advanced degree, CFA, or equivalent knowledge, skills and experience;
- 10-12 years of relevant professional experience;
- At least 3-5 years of manager selection and allocation experience, with a focus on or demonstrated knowledge of alternative investments;
- Knowledge of investment portfolio theory and process of manager evaluation and selection;
- Strong analytical and technological skills;
- Strong written and oral communications skills;
- A background in credit markets considered a plus;
- Mission-oriented individuals, interested in working in the philanthropic space;
- Intellectually curious and willing to think independently and creatively;
- Able to balance working independently in an entrepreneurial environment with being a strong team player;
- Able to combine detail orientation with an eye to the big picture of investment landscape;
- Able to work in a lean team without a lot of extra layers of support;
- Willingness to travel;
- Low ego and a good sense of humor.
HOW TO APPLY
Send resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your last name followed by “Director, Investments” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until Jan. 15, 2021.
No phone calls or in-person applications, please.
The Doris Duke Charitable Foundation is committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in its work and workplace culture. We provide equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law; and we strongly encourage candidates of all identities, experiences, orientations and communities to apply.
Fund Manager from United States
Fund Manager from United States
Financial/Bank from United States
Other from United States
Fund of Funds from United States
Related Investment Jobs
Dallas, TX, US
6 hours, 34 minutes ago
Boston, MA, US
6 hours, 35 minutes ago