Founded in 1993, Aequitas Capital is an alternative asset management company dedicated to innovation, discipline and excellence. With proven expertise in finance, management and technology – Aequitas sources, structures and implements Private Credit and Private Equity solutions, benefiting the individuals and institutions that trust us as a valuable investment partner.
The VP, RIA Lending & Investing reports directly to the EVP, Product/Business Development and is the business owner on all RIA lending transactions, while also managing them long-term in conjunction with the Portfolio Manager.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Maintains and builds multi-level relationships with key decision makers and influencers. Appropriately prioritizes frequency and degree of client interaction according to growth potential
- Source and lead lending and investing opportunities with independent Registered Investment Advisors.
- Oversee all aspects of lending including: structure, negotiation, underwriting, and ongoing management.
- Ensure that proper documentation and due diligence activities have been completed
- Document specifications for standard and complex implementations and effectively coordinate communications with all required parties to ensure timely completion
- Provide timely and accurate status updates to clients and internal business partners; proactively escalate issues to minimize client impact
- Monitors trends impacting client satisfaction within own book of business. Summarizes and communicates to others as needed. Develops a response plan to maintain or improve client satisfaction
- Stays informed of changes in the client's business, competition, industry, and marketplace, through proactive solicitation and/or research, in order to inform and drive client satisfaction activities within book of business
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required by the company
- BS/BA in Finance or Accounting, MBA preferred
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a traditional/commercial lender or direct RIA lending experience required
Special Information (Travel required, physical requirements, etc.):
- Thorough understanding of commercial lending
- Proven ability to successfully build and manage relationships with demanding and complex Advisors
- Proven ability to be successful with clients and prospects in face-to-face meetings, phone based relationships and via email
- Thorough understanding of financial intermediaries, with emphasis on RIA distribution Channel
- Previous client management skills, financial skills, as well as in depth understanding of accounting
- Flexibility to perform in an ever-changing work environment
- Additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals and projects
- Willingness to travel between 25-50% of the time; can be home office based, but preference is for the position to work out of the Lake Oswego headquarters.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time