Signal Hill Equity Partners is a Toronto-based private equity firm managed by experienced investors and business operators, focusing on Canadian mid-market companies. We build exceptional companies by investing and managing for the long term. We target the manufacturing, distribution, consumer products and other business services sectors.
Based out of our Calgary offices ,the VP Finance - Signal Hill Portfolio Companies will provide corporate leadership, evaluation of financial functions and strategic guidance to the Signal hill portfolio companies across Canada.
- Provide corporate leadership by planning, evaluating and controlling all aspects of the financial functions for the Portfolio group of Companies and communicating strategic direction
- Work with the CFO’s in each portfolio company to set financial and non-financial goals for their Management Teams, that are challenging and achievable
- Assume the lead role in financial statements analysis:
- Working capital analysis .Cash conversion analysis
- Breakeven analysis. Production costs analysis
- Develop optimal production plan. Develop pricing and profitability model
- Assist with strategic planning and organizational change management
- Provide direction and assistance to the following functions:
- Risk management. Accounting
- Budgeting. Payroll
- Capital investments. External audits
- Computer system change management
- Financial reporting and analysis. Legal issues
- Monitor cash flow to ensure adequate funds are available for operations
- Assist the CFOs of portfolio companies to maintain an appropriate financial and capital structure to support the corporate vision
- Review, revise and approve accounting and administrative policies and procedures that provide adequate control of risk while providing flexibility for day-to-day staff functions. Monitor compliance with approved policies and procedures
- Provide input to operational planning. Assist in the preparation of board and committee materials. Attend board and strategic meetings
- Assist with financial, banking and operational transition post-acquisition
- Lead exit strategy
- Co-ordinate with broker to develop information needed for the exit process
- Assign tasks among the management team
- Collect and monitor data/information needed in the data room, management presentation and CIM
- Co-ordinate all meetings and training sessions
- Ensure visibility into and reliability of financial information
- Assist the CFO with Investor relations
Key Requirements for this role:
- Demonstrated track record at leading and taking overall responsibility for the Finance department in a private/public company.
- Qualified CA with 7-10 years of leadership experience
- Ability to handle a portfolio of mid-market companies in diverse industries
- Experience in a multi branch or with companies with multi investments.
- Excellent people’s skills – ability to manage with example and style, while dealing with CFO’s of portfolio companies.
- Experience with M&A activities.
- Flexible, adaptable, high energy individual – who understands the environment of working in a team based boutique private equity firm.
- Hands on ‘roll up your sleeves’ approach. A ‘Get it done’ attitude
- Decision making abilities. Technical accounting skills.
- Able to work under tight deadlines.
- Strong multi-tasking ability
- Experience in building accounting/administrative team
- Accounting or operating system conversion and implementation
Interested candidates please email your resumes with "Vice President Finance- Portfolio Companies” in the subject line of your email to Sundri Sengupta; Director of Human Resources - Talent, Signal Hill Equity Partners.