Peddie School seeks a highly skilled investment professional to serve as Senior Investment Manager (SIO). This part-time position will report to the Chair(s) of the Investment Committee and the Assistant Head for Finance and Operations. The SIO will be responsible for advising the Investment Committee on matters related to the school’s endowment portfolio, including investment performance and assurance that the endowment is administered to the highest professional standards. Candidates will possess significant experience in investment management and a record of achievement, with a minimum 5 years of relevant work experience with a comparable endowment, foundation or institutional investor.
Qualified candidates should send a letter of interest, resume and three professional references to email@example.com.
The successful candidate will possess significant experience in investment management and a demonstrated record of achievement, with a minimum of five to ten years of relevant work experience. Specific experience with a comparable endowment, foundation, or institutional investor is desired.
Additional qualifications and responsibilities will include:
- Energetic leadership, creativity, and commitment to achieving excellence in investment performance, plus a reputation for sound investment judgment and risk management.
- Demonstrated ability in assisting and advising the Investment Committee on issues related to investment policy, asset allocation strategy, and risk management techniques.
- Understanding of and experience in a broad array of asset classes, including public securities, private equity, real assets, absolute return and other alternative investments.
- Unquestioned integrity, common sense, superior intellectual capabilities, and the personal qualities to work effectively with the Investment Committee.
- Ability to assist and advise the Investment Committee in an asset allocation strategy that stays within the broader policy guidelines and that is expected to reach the school’s return objectives. “Asset Allocation” is defined as the specific diversification across asset classes, geographies, and number and type of managers. The SIO must ensure that the overall portfolio (and sub-portfolios) conforms to policy and that approved changes are successfully implemented.
- Proactively monitoring and evaluating portfolio objectives and asset allocation guidelines, reviewing these with the Investment Committee, providing the rationale for recommended allocation changes.
- Ensuring appropriate guidelines, risk management and other control functions are in place and followed, and overseeing custodial, depository, legal and other operating functions of the investment program. Monitoring manager performance and risk, and evaluating both at the overall endowment level. The formal and informal records of the endowment must, at all times, be well maintained.
- Work effectively with endowment oversight team at the School, including the Assistant Head for Finance and Operations, the Controller and the Investment Analyst.
Peddie School, founded in 1864, is one of the nation’s most highly endowed (approx. $280M) college preparatory boarding schools. The school enrolls 530 students from over 20 states and 22 countries who matriculate to the nation’s top colleges and universities. Peddie is located in Hightstown, N J, on a 253-acre campus approximately 10 miles east of Princeton, NJ and 50 miles from New York City and Philadelphia.