The Texas Tech University System seeks an investment professional to join the Office of Investments. This new position will work with the existing staff and report to the Chief Investment Officer. The TTUS Office of Investments is responsible for the day-to-day management of a $1.2 billion endowment fund as well as $800 million in tier three operating cash for a combined $2 billion investment program. Oversight is provided by a nine member Investment Advisory Committee.
As a senior member of the team, the successful candidate will work closely with the existing staff and have monitoring responsibility over managers and co-investments within assigned asset classes. The candidate will also provide research, analysis and recommendations on managers and co-investments within the assigned asset classes. The candidate is also expected to participate in discussion on any and all manager selections due to the small nature of the investment team.
- Perform and document quarterly manager reviews
- Perform due diligence on potential public equity and fixed income portfolios and the private equity and credit portfolios
- Assist in training Investment Analysts on staff
- Work to document procedures and continually improve internal research processes
- Work with our consultant and peers to generate portfolio and manager ideas to improve risk/return profile of our investment funds
- Prepare updates for the Investment Advisory Committee on public equity and fixed income portfolios and the private equity and credit portfolios
- Assist in developing portfolio reports for the Investment Advisory Committee and Board of Regents
Bachelor’s degree required in field based on assigned area of responsibility; six years of professional and/or management experience in related area. Additional job-related education may substitute for required experience on a year to year basis.
- Seven years of full-time professional investment experience
- CFA or CAIA or progress towards certification
- A Master’s degree in Business, Finance or related area
- Excellent computer skills with experience using word processing, spreadsheet, database, portfolio analytics and presentation software
- Strong work ethic with the ability to set goals, prioritize tasks and manage simultaneous projects
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ideal experience is the identification, screening, assessment and monitoring of external investment managers
- Previous experience with the assessment and management of overall portfolio exposures
- Successful completion of standard background checks
Insights not available
Related Investment Jobs
34 minutes ago
40 minutes ago