For public employees in Wisconsin, SWIB is a unique and valuable partner. Investing for the financial security of more than 632,000 individuals – and for the 1,500 Wisconsin employers who contribute on behalf of their employees – SWIB’s strong management of the WRS has helped fuel one of only a few fully funded public pension funds in the country. SWIB’s long-term investment returns meet the challenges of a constantly evolving investment landscape while helping grow and protect the assets of the WRS, the 8th largest public pension fund in the U.S. and 25 largest public or private pension fund in the world.
SWIB has long been recognized as an investment leader because of its success in maintaining the WRS and for the highly-qualified staff overseeing the retirement trust funds. SWIB’s internal team invests a majority of its assets under management. This means SWIB is committed to investing in professionals that will keep the organization at the forefront of the investment industry. As an innovative organization, SWIB offers professional development opportunities that enable staff to grow and develop. Approximately 50 percent of SWIB’s investment professionals are Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) charterholders.
About the Team
SWIB is seeking an Investment Analyst to join its Private Markets & Funds Alpha Division. The Investment Analyst will collaborate with the Portfolio Manager and Managing Analysts to source, review and evaluate prospective investments for the Private Equity and Venture Capital Portfolios.
The Core Private Equity Portfolio, with a market value of $6 billion, focuses on global buyout, growth equity and special situations funds (distressed and non-performing credit). The long-term strategy is on U.S. and Western European small and middle-market buyout funds and funds with flexible capital structures (restructuring and distressed for control). The Current Return Portfolio, with a market value of $1 billion, focuses on senior and mezzanine loan funds (performing credit), secondary funds and other yielding strategies. The Venture Capital Portfolio, with a market value of $1.1 billion, focuses on early, balanced and late-stage venture capital funds.
- Assist in coordinating the timely review of new fund investment opportunities
- Participate in discussions with the team regarding new potential funds
- Assist with due diligence on new investment opportunities through research, financial modeling, participation in meetings, and travel when needed
- Coordinate with operations and legal teams on the closing of new investments
- Assist in executing the private equity strategy; help create and implement new processes to better effect communication and execute strategy
- Manage the private markets database (eFront) and track the inflow of investment opportunities
- Maintain portfolio performance and quarterly returns with an overlay of benchmark statistics
The ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of investment experience (private equity preferred)
- CAIA or CFA designation a plus
- Advanced financial modeling skills
- A willingness to travel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An ability to be adaptive and thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Superb work ethic, attention to detail, team orientation, and commitment to excellence
- Competitive McLagan-base salary
- Meaningful performance-based incentive compensation
- A comprehensive benefit package
- Educational and training opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Challenging work in a professional environment
Insights not available
Related Investment Jobs
San Francisco, CA, US
7 hours, 38 minutes ago
New York, NY, US
7 hours, 43 minutes ago