Enterprise is hiring an Investment Analyst for its Conventional Equity division. The Conventional Equity team manages real estate equity ...
The Senior Investment Analyst participates in and supports all activity of the Investment Office. As an integral member of the Investment Office, the Senior Investment Analyst will be involved in investment manager due diligence, data management, and monitoring of investments. The Senior Investment Analyst will also be involved in a range of activities, including preparing portfolio reporting, analytical and CRM system oversight, market research, and other analyses for the investment team and Investment Committee. The position provides an excellent opportunity for broad exposure to all asset classes and aspects of managing a multi-asset class endowment portfolio.
Essential Functions & Primary Responsibilities:
- Actively participates in all activities of the Investment Office, investment process and day-to-day oversight of the endowment.
- Participates in investment manager due diligence across a variety of asset classes, including traditional and alternative strategies. Prepares written investment communications and recommendations for discussion with other team members and the Investment Committee.
- Contributes to monitoring of existing investments and external investment managers, including attendance at annual meetings and ad-hoc meetings with investment managers.
- Researches investment strategies, asset classes and markets relevant to the portfolio.
- Manages and maintains the reporting function of the Investment Office, including performance reports, risk analysis, investment updates and additional documentation.
- Maintains and contributes to the design of the Investment Office website, including posting internal portfolio reports, investment manager information, communications, articles and other relevant content.
- Supports the operational and administrative work of the Investment Office, enhancing and managing investment analytical and CRM tools supporting due diligence processes; works with the College’s Business Office, external administrator and consultants, as necessary
- Supports special projects related to the endowment or general finances of the College, acts as a resource to other areas of the College, and assumes other responsibilities as assigned.
Education, Training, & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Major coursework in finance, economics or related field preferred; progress toward CFA and/or CAIA preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of investment experience preferred. Experience preferably in the evaluation of investment strategies and investment managers, both traditional and alternative. In depth knowledge of financial and investment theory preferred.
- Experience in an institutional setting, such as an endowment, foundation, family office, consultant or similar institution is preferred.
- Strong analytical ability and computer literacy with Microsoft Office suite required; experience with investment performance, research, and CRM software/systems preferred.
- Candidates should be excited to work as an integral member of a relatively small and close-knit team and willing to take on a broad range of tasks as needed.
- Excellent communications and organizational skills are essential.
- Ability to interact and gain credibility with College senior staff, Board of Managers, and external investment managers; must be able to work both independently and within a small team, in a shared decision-making environment.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
- Lifting (to exert strength to move objects from one place to another):
- Sedentary Lifting: (0-10 pounds) Never
- Light Lifting (10-20 pounds): Never
- Moderate Lifting (20-50 pounds): Never
- Heavy Lifting (50 to 100 pounds): Never
- Pulling (to exert force upon an abject to move or change its direction: Never
- Pushing (to draw an object toward oneself to move or change its direction): Never
- Carrying (to hold objects while moving entire body): Never
- Reaching or working above shoulder (to extend arms upward or outward away from body): Never
- Walking (to move entire body in erect position): Up to three hours
- Standing (to maintain body in erect posture in stationary position): Up to three hours
- Sitting (to rest weight on buttocks and back of thighs with legs bent at knees): six to eight hours
- Crouching/Stooping (to bend upper body forward while fully flexing knees): Never
- Kneeling (to maintain upper body in erect position while resting knees on ground): Never
- Climbing (to ascend or descent heights using ladders, scaffolding, stairs, poles, inclined surfaces): Never
- Twisting (to rotate upper body while feet remain stationary): Never
- Driving (operating a motor vehicle, crane, tractor, forklift, etc.): Never
- Exposure Limitation (i.e., cold water, dust, gas, fumes, extreme temperatures): Never
Insights not available
Related Investment Jobs
New York, NY, US
1 minute ago
12 minutes ago