Under the direction of the Chair, CAO, and Assistant Directors, and in compliance with all university and agency applicable policies and guidelines, serve as Senior Fund Manager to facilitate the proper financial management and administrative oversight of restricted extramural and unrestricted funding sources for assigned faculty and research programs in the Department of Neurosurgery. Manage a portfolio of accounts within the department, including large federal and state contracts and grants, 19900 funds, gifts and endowments, fellowships, as well as industry-sponsored research and clinical trials. Provide comprehensive lead and support services to all aspects of pre-award, post-award, ERS and other research administration duties and tasks as required to properly manage the business functions of the research programs and faculty. Serve as liaison between the ORA, EFM, General Accounting, Purchasing, Graduate Division, and other central campus offices, funding agencies and the principal investigators. Produce reports for principal investigators and meet to review and discuss their budgets regularly. Work closely with supervisor and other staff members to conduct effective analysis of monthly financial reports to ensure that all expenditures were properly aligned with project and projections are accurate across all financial resources in compliance.
- Demonstrated skill and knowledge of financial management principles, complex budget preparation, budget analysis techniques with working knowledge of the financial and business organizational structure at UCLA and functions of its related offices.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of University's financial/accounting and other administrative policies and procedures with a high degree of accuracy.
- Demonstrated skill in analyzing fiscal/financial data; synthesizing information to clear and concise results with the ability to develop information dissemination techniques and excellent oral and written communication skills to convey and obtain information
- Demonstrated working knowledge of UCLA Purchasing and Accounts Payable system (PAC), Financial System (FS), Transfer of Funds (TOF), the Query Database (QDB), and includes skills with the QDB web-based reports and Office Product orders processing sites on the Internet. Ability to access and use campus database systems, such as FS00, PPP, and others.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel, or the equivalent Windows based spreadsheet software, including ability to employ higher-level functions such as pivot-table, linking, etc.
- Demonstrated skill in preparing budgets and projections using spreadsheets and databases.
- Demonstrated knowledge of University-based research administration policies and procedures governing pre-award administration, proposal development, contract and grant awards, subcontracts, clinical trials, gifts, endowments and other areas relevant to research administration activities.
- Familiarity with federal government policies and procedures governing appropriate grant related expenditures.
- Familiarity with extramurally funded contracts and grants, their requirements, and policies and procedures affecting proposal submission, award activation and fund expenditure.
- Experience developing systems for reporting and tracking research administration and fund activities, including web-based reporting and informational systems and electronic files and tracking systems.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Insights not available
Related Investment Jobs
San Francisco, CA, US
2 days, 17 hours ago
Chicago, IL, US
2 days, 17 hours ago