The Operations Analyst will be responsible for the input and management of data and financial tools used to calculate return, risk, and to track investment performance on the marketable/non-marketable portfolios to support the Vanderbilt University endowment.
This position is an integral part of the team and we anticipate hiring someone with a thirst for knowledge, a strong work ethic, a passion for the industry, and a team-oriented individual who is committed to furthering the core mission of Vanderbilt University. The Operations Analyst will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer in the Office of Investments.
About the Office of Investments
The Vanderbilt University Office of Investments’ (OoI) mission is to protect and grow the university’s investment assets by delivering outstanding long-term investment returns for the benefit of research and scholarship. We do this by partnering with the best managers and ensuring their interests are aligned with ours. We believe superior investment opportunities rarely find us, and instead we seek them out.
Our office is comprised of approximately 25 staff members across three teams: operations, public investments, and private investments. We promote an atmosphere of inclusiveness, innovation, and learning, and we thrive on ways to improve our process, while protecting and growing the value of Vanderbilt’s assets. We are committed to supporting each other, upholding our team values, and continuously striving for excellence. The university benefits greatly from the dedicated people in OoI, and together we make up a world-class team.
Key Functions and Expected Performance
- Management and organization of data input into portfolio analytics system and into database/CRM system used for due diligence, analytical and data resource purposes.
- Calculate and thus verify investment managers’ / administrator’s management fee and performance fee calculations.
- Perform data integrity reviews of portfolio analytics system and identify possible data entry errors or omissions. Coordinate with other members of the Operations team to correct errors. Also verify information sent by administrator to custodian.
- Document various processes and standard procedures related to data input and reporting.
- Perform daily cash management functions including reconciliations of endowment cash, daily margin variations and settlements with external brokers and custodian. Ensure capital calls, wire transfers, investment manager funding and redemptions are executed in a timely and error free manner.
- Address all e-mails to the investment office cash and investment management mailboxes in a timely and accurate manner and where follow-up action is required, send to the responsible deputy chief investment officer, investment manager(s) and analyst(s).
- Assist the Operations Manager(s) regarding:
- Requests from external auditors for year-end audit confirmations and endowment investment activity, valuations and analysis;
- Preparation of year-end schedules and footnote presentation in conjunction with the department of Finance; and
- Providing the Tax Department relevant documentation for return and reporting preparation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Certifications
- This position does not have supervisory responsibility, and reports administratively and functionally to the Chief Operating Officer in the Office of Investments.
Experience and Skill
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field is necessary.
- CPA is preferred.
- Experience in accounting is necessary.
- Experience in investments or endowments is preferred.
APPLY VIA VANDERBILT HR WEBSITE HERE: https://ecsr.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX/job/10001148/?utm_medium=jobshare&utm_source=email