PIMCO currently invests in real estate debt opportunities through PIMCO Commercial Real Estate Debt Fund (“PCRED”), a closed-end fund expected ...
The University of Michigan Investment Office is seeking a dedicated, intellectually curious and collaborative individual with a strong desire to succeed to become a key member of its accomplished investment team.
The University of Michigan Investment Office is responsible for directing and overseeing the investment of the University’s $14 billion of financial reserves, which includes the 9th largest university endowment. The Investment Office staff works with many of the top investment managers globally to provide the financial resources necessary to ensure the long-term success of one of the world’s great teaching and research institutions.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing leadership in managing the portfolio. Specific responsibilities will be to:
- Source, perform diligence on, and maintain a pipeline of compelling opportunities that could contribute meaningfully to the University’s investment portfolio.
- Monitor and review the performance of investment managers.
- Review and negotiate investment management agreements, partnership agreements, offering documents, subscription agreements, and other legal documents related to both public and private investments in conjunction with internal and external counsel.
- Work with Investment Accounting staff to ensure proper accounting, performance measurement and compliance with procedures and policies.
- Keep current on investment trends and contribute meaningfully to investment discussions and initiatives involving all investment classes in the university’s portfolio.
- Help lead the research agenda, portfolio strategy, and portfolio construction process.
- Support the continuing refinement and enhancement of analytical tools for performance reporting, benchmarking, risk reporting and cash flow forecasting.
- Communicate effectively with both internal and external senior executives.
- Represent the University of Michigan in a number of forums, including meetings of managers, fund advisory boards, and industry conferences.
- A minimum of seven years of investment management or related experience with a track record of outstanding investment performance while demonstrating an awareness and sensitivity to risk/return tradeoffs and liquidity and spending constraints.
- A thorough knowledge of portfolio management and a strong understanding of capital markets.
- A deep understanding of the global universe of investment managers.
- An ability to think critically and strategically with solid applied quantitative skills related to finance, statistics and modeling.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- A demonstrated ability to lead a team, execute strategy, achieve goals and to contribute effectively in a team environment.
- A desire to establish positive working relationships demonstrating integrity and a high degree of ethical propriety.
- This position requires a significant amount of travel, including travel outside the United States, for purposes of performing due diligence, investment manager monitoring and attending market related conferences.
- Advanced Degree
- Experience as an institutional investor with direct investment
Insights not available
Related Investment Jobs
New York, NY, US
1 day, 23 hours ago
Newport Beach, CA, US
1 day, 23 hours ago