The Analyst will support the investment programs ($3.3 billion assets) of the Pension Boards, as well as United Church Funds (UCF). These functions include, but are not limited to, supporting the investment team in data collection to support the selection, evaluation and on-going monitoring of external investment managers in all asset classes. The analyst will assist with presentations to investment committee and internal/external clients; duties will be accomplished mainly through interfacing with internal colleagues, and utilization of appropriate databases.
This position reports to the Chief Investment Officer (CIO). The Analyst will maintain a positive attitude and ability to consistently exceed expectations while interacting with all colleagues.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Maintenance of data for current and prospective managers for the PBUCC for traditional and alternative assets.
- Maintain internal database (cloud based) to keep track of required reporting from managers.
- Assist with operational issues such as fixed-income trades and ETFs.
- Assist in preparation of board materials in advance of meetings and at other times when appropriate.
- Assist with data gathering to support financial writing and presentations including News & Views (employee and annuitant versions), quarterly communications, and annual reports for the PBUCC, economic and financial market analyses, ad hoc presentations, website articles and updates.
- Possible 1-2 years operations experience
- Minimum undergraduate degree in business or related field
- Demonstrated analytical skills as evidenced by academic achievement and internship/job experience. Familiar with workings of markets and asset owner activities preferred.
- Highly organized
- Excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Displays a team-based and cooperative attitude
- Interest in principles of socially responsible investing (Faith and Finance initiative at PBUCC)
- Passion for investing and a strong desire to develop investment skills and judgment
Position Impact and Other Information
- 1-2 years relevant experience preferred but will consider recent undergraduate.
- Proven and demonstrated analytical skills in internship or work roles.
Position will work as part of a team affecting the retirement experience of up to 20,000 participants of the PBUCC Annuity Plan as well as the performance of United Church Fund clients. Expected time commitment may include overtime and on weekends.