Our Investment Servicing Divisions Technology Management Unit is currently seeking an Investment Officer II who will utilize their knowledge, work ...
This position is responsible for tracking the Society’s investments and investment performance, performing analysis and monitoring external manager compliance with established guidelines. Separate investment assets are included within the ACS Insurance Trust, the ACS Investment Pool, the ACS Petroleum Research Fund, the ACS Hach Endowment, the ACS Retirement Plan and other miscellaneous endowments. The position reports to the Assistant Treasurer, Investments.
Dimensions: The Treasurer & CFO division oversees the Society’s annual operating budget of $550 million and the management of $1.7 billion of investments. 2017 Approved Budget for the Investment Program is $6.6 million and for the Insurance Trust $15.1 million. There are 86 full-time staff in the Treasurer & CFO Division, 2 of whom oversee investments.
Work design: Works under general managerial direction on goals and objectives that have a significant impact on the organization. Works with unit objectives and expert knowledge as guidance. Develops systemic solutions for complex problems. Uses analytical, interpretive, evaluative and/or constructive thinking to reach solutions.
- Required Skills
- Verify accuracy of investment returns for all ACS portfolios. Analyze and develop monthly/quarterly performance and risk reports.
- Update the quarterly materials for the Committee on Pensions and Investments where appropriate and assist the Assistant Treasurer, Investments and the Senior Treasury Analyst in the preparation of other Committee materials.
- On a quarterly basis, independently calculate expense ratios for the ACS investment funds.
- Develop a compliance checklist for each of the Society's investment funds and verify ongoing compliance by each manager with the agreed upon guidelines.
- Responsible for completing the Society’s UPMIFA Checklist on an annual basis for review by the Assistant Treasurer, Investments.
- Responsible for preparing the Society’s FBAR.
- Draft and fax letters to investment custodians for invoice payments.
- Manage ad hoc projects that aide in the management of the ACS investment portfolios.
- Prepare meeting minutes for the Committee on Pensions and Investments.
- Participate in the month-end and year-end closing processes by obtaining investment statements, reports, and initiating appropriate journal entries.
- Conduct and document a detailed review of audited financial statements for each of the Society’s Commingled Fund Investments.
- Support the year-end financial audit, including analysis and preparation of financial statement disclosures. Similarly, support the financial audit of the Society’s retirement plans.
- Maintain process guides for core functions of Treasury and Investments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Required Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in accounting, economics, finance or a related subject)
- 2 or more years related experience
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Working knowledge of accounting, finance, economics and investment strategy
- Strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and able to follow-through on responsibilities
- Experience valuing fixed income derivatives preferred
- Demonstrated progress toward Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation preferred
- Willing and able to adopt new technologies and processes
Insights not available
Related Investment Jobs
Sacramento County, CA, US
2 days, 12 hours ago