The Board and Investment Committee are focused today on recruiting an outstanding, seasoned investment professional to support the University’s Chief Investment Officer in New York City. The Investment Team presently has 22 employees.
DO NOT APPLY ONLINE FOR THIS POSITION, SUBMIT MATERIALS TO THE CONTACT INFORMATION LISTED ON THE JOB POST.
This position is located in our New York City office.
Reporting to the Chief Investment Officer, the Investment Officer will play a significant role in the management of the endowment portfolio. This individual will be assigned to manage various asset classes based on his/her experience and desire, which may include enhanced fixed income (distressed assets; deep value assets; direct lending, bank loans, credit related assets) public equities, and/or hedge funds. Additional responsibilities include:
- Sourcing and maintaining a pipeline of investment opportunities and funds that will provide a strategic advantage to the University’s investment portfolio
- Conducting thorough due diligence (both investment and operational) on the most compelling prospective opportunities including analysis of investment strategy, process, organization, portfolio positions and performance
- Monitoring performance, portfolio positions, current events and organizational changes of the University’s existing fund managers and completing analytical reviews to evaluate the relative performance of each fund manager on a regular basis
- Preparing and presenting recommendations regarding new investment opportunities to the Investment Office Staff and the Investment Committee for approval
- Maintaining the team’s reputation for professional excellence and credibility both inside the University and throughout the investment management community
- Researching and leading topics of discussion on an ad hoc basis
- Recruiting, training and supervising internal investment professionals; fostering a culture of intellectual curiosity, analytical rigor and innovation
Skills and Qualifications
The successful candidate must have the vision, creativity, and at least seven years of substantial relevant investment experience from an endowment, foundation, pension fund, or investment management firm, major Wall Street institution or fund-of-funds. Ideally, he/she may have experience investing in distressed assets, bank loans, direct lending, credit-related assets in general, equities and/or hedge funds and should possess the investment credibility, confidence and communication skills to interact with the CIO, the Board and various constituents. Additional qualifications include:
- Must have the ability to integrate strong analytics in his/her quantitative and qualitative investment evaluations
- Established network of investment contacts and GP relationships; ability to access independent network for manager evaluation and reference checking purposes
- Capacity to think creatively and explore themes and identify managers which are unique
- Collegial and able to coordinate team efforts
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both spoken and written; the ability to influence and negotiate effectively
- Strong planning and organizational skills and a proven ability to work independently and under pressure
- A patient and disciplined investor who seeks and accepts a high degree of personal responsibility
- The highest level of integrity, intellectual capability, honesty and loyalty; excellent judgment
- Willingness to travel
- Must be enthusiastic about being part of the University and contributing to its mission
- Strong academic credentials are required.A Bachelor’s degree is required; an MBA, MS, PhD, CFA or an equivalent designation is strongly preferred.
Insights not available
Related Investment Jobs
New York, NY, US
15 hours, 3 minutes ago
Foster City, CA, US
15 hours, 6 minutes ago