Investment Analyst – Research
Pension Reserves Investment Management Board
Join the Massachusetts Pension Reserves Investment Management Board (PRIM), an innovative and effective investment fund, as an Investment Analyst for our growing research team, which resides within the Strategy group. Reporting to the Investment Officer, Research - Strategy Group, the Investment Analyst will build large data sets for processing and model estimations, test asset allocation frameworks and design and code full simulation backtests to live environment. This role offers the opportunity to gain experience in the investment management field working on large global pension fund initiatives with top investment management staff and firms.
It is a great time to join PRIM as we are experiencing an exciting time of growth. Our team works hard on behalf of the Commonwealth, responsibly investing and growing the Massachusetts retirement fund for the benefit of our state and municipal employees and public-school teachers. PRIM offers a healthy work-life balance and is an inclusive employer seeking to foster a diverse, collaborative and curious culture.
PRIM’s mission is to provide a professional investment service that maximizes the return on investment within acceptable levels of risk by broadly diversifying its investment portfolio, capitalizing on economies of scale to achieve cost-effective operations, and providing access to high quality, innovative investment management firms, all under the management of a professional investment staff and members of the PRIM Board and its Committees.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Build large data sets for signal processing and model estimation, including validation, normalization, dimension reduction and visualization.
- Test enhancements for the strategic asset allocation framework and investment strategies.
- Design and code full simulation backtests to live environment.
- Collaborate with fellow researchers, investment staff, and database developers to drive improvements and expansion of code base, data availability, and existing research framework.
- Brainstorm and present actionable research ideas based off a review of existing research and academic literature.
- Maintain an awareness of economic conditions and capital markets to form and justify investment recommendations.
- Graduate degree in a quantitative discipline: economics, finance, engineering, statistics, applied mathematics, or computer science.
- 2-5 years of prior work experience in quantitative research preferred but not required.
- Strong programming skills in SQL and/or statistical analysis in MatLab, R, or Python.
- Competent practitioner of econometrics and quantitative finance techniques.
- Knowledge of multi-asset strategies, modern portfolio theories, and factor-based investing.
- Intellectual curiosity regarding investment management and academic research.
- Ability to comprehend, synthesize, evaluate and clearly communicate complex financial concepts and solutions.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to interact effectively with various stakeholders in and out of the organization.
Interested candidates please submit resume via the following link: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=oOUIbfwl&s=Trusted_Insight
It is the policy of Pension Reserves Management Board to afford equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.
Insights not available
Related Investment Jobs
New York, NY, US
16 hours, 12 minutes ago
Foster City, CA, US
16 hours, 15 minutes ago