The Analyst is responsible for analyzing performance for two large portfolios at the company and is responsible for providing analysis ...
Investment Analyst – Real Assets
Pension Reserves Investment Management Board
Join the Massachusetts Pension Reserves Investment Management Board (PRIM), an innovative and effective investment fund, as an Investment Analyst for our growing Strategy group. Reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer, the Investment Analyst will focus on PRIM’s portfolio of real assets by monitoring investment, development and operational performance. This role offers the opportunity to gain experience in the investment management field working on large global pension fund initiatives with top investment management staff and firms.
It is a great time to join PRIM as we are experiencing an exciting time of growth. Our team works hard on behalf of the Commonwealth, responsibly investing and growing the Massachusetts retirement fund for the benefit of our state and municipal employees and public-school teachers. PRIM offers a healthy work-life balance and is an inclusive employer seeking to foster a diverse, collaborative and curious culture.
PRIM’s mission is to provide a professional investment service that maximizes the return on investment within acceptable levels of risk by broadly diversifying its investment portfolio, capitalizing on economies of scale to achieve cost-effective operations, and providing access to high quality, innovative investment management firms, all under the management of a professional investment staff and members of the PRIM Board and its Committees.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversee the existing real assets investments by monitoring investment, development and operational performance.
- Review annual asset business plans, operating budgets and capital budgets as well as monitor actual performance against these budgets throughout the year.
- Conduct monthly fund manager meetings and ad hoc property tours.
- Convey information verbally and through written notes and reports after property tour reviews and fund manager monthly update meetings.
- Evaluate real assets investment strategies, fund manager skill, and real assets market trends using both quantitative frameworks and qualitative analysis.
- Analyze underwriting proposals, financial statements & business models for real asset investments.
- Collaborate with PRIM’s Real Estate and Timberland team in supporting real asset research initiatives by providing thorough analysis, clear presentations and necessary documentation of relevant information.
- Maintain an awareness of economic conditions and capital markets to form and justify investment recommendations.
- Graduate degree in economics, finance, accounting or business preferred.
- 1-3 years of prior work experience in investment management preferred.
- Intellectual curiosity regarding real assets investment management and fundamental research.
- Competent practitioner of econometrics and quantitative finance techniques.
- Knowledge of multi-asset strategies, modern portfolio theories, and factor-based investing.
- Programming skills in SQL and/or statistical analysis in VBA, MatLab, or R.
- Ability to comprehend, synthesize, evaluate and clearly communicate complex financial concepts and solutions.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to interact effectively with various stakeholders in and out of the organization.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
Interested applicants please submit resume via the following link: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=oFUIbfwc&s=Trusted_Insight
It is the policy of Pension Reserves Management Board to afford equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.
Insights not available
Related Investment Jobs
Santa Monica, CA, US
4 hours, 9 minutes ago
New York, NY, US
4 hours, 11 minutes ago