With over 172,9 billion in assets under management as of March 31 2021, Fiera Capital, an independent firm, is ...
Office of Investments
The Office of Investments oversees an endowment of $1.9 billion, broadly diversified across a range of asset classes. The primary role of the endowment is to advance the research mission of the University through support of the annual operating budget.
Endowment assets are invested in public securities, including U.S. and non-U.S. equity and fixed income securities, and private investments including private equity, venture capital and real assets. The assets are invested by external investment managers through separate accounts or commingled vehicles, including funds, trusts and limited partnerships. In addition to overseeing the endowment, the Office of Investments plays an active role in planning and executing the University's external capital program including debt financings and interest rate swaps, and in maintaining the University's rating agency relationships. The University is rated Aa1/AAA by Moody's and Standard and Poor's.
The current professional staff includes the Chief Investment Officer, Deputy Chief Investment Officer, and three additional investment professionals. The team is looking for an outstanding individual to fill an Investment Analyst role based in New York City. The Investment Analyst will work with the Chief Investment Officer and the entire team in managing a sophisticated institutional portfolio, spanning all asset classes, in both the public and private markets.
The Investment Analyst is responsible for supporting the Office of Investments in a broad range of activities.
Major responsibilities include:
- Initial fund reviews: responsible for assessing statistical performance and other key investment criteria on a broad range of fund managers including traditional equity and fixed income funds, hedge funds and private equity funds.
- Performance reporting: responsible for entering, reconciling and maintaining investment performance data across several systems and coordinating performance reporting with an outside consultant.
- Involvement in all steps of the investment review and decision-making process. Create and present detailed portfolio analytics when completing underlying, bottoms-up due diligence on current or prospective public and private managers. Assisting in preparing written recommendations to the Investment Committee.
- Contribute to ongoing refinement of asset allocation framework and implementation of public and private portfolios including underlying stock, sector and geographic exposures as well as allocation among peer institutions.
- Assistance in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual performance reports for Investment Committee and Board of Trustees meetings.
- Completion of annual surveys and other external requests for information.
- Ensuring and maintaining proper documentation of our pipeline of opportunities, committee minutes, meeting notes, and legal documentation for institutional memory.
- Representing the University at conferences, meetings and the investment community at large.
Successful candidates should have enthusiasm for and a keen interest in investments, endowment management and advancing the University's research mission. Candidates should also be excited to work as an integral member of a relatively small and close-knit team and willing to take on a broad range of tasks, as needed.
- Outstanding academic credentials including a bachelor's degree are required.
- Some prior relevant business experience (investment or endowment experience preferred).
- Excellent analytical skills, comfort with statistics and financial math and proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and database software.
- Willingness and ability to juggle numerous projects simultaneously, and respond to changing priorities.
- Ability to complete assignments independently and on a timely basis.
- Ability to work as part of a team to accomplish broader goals and objectives.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to travel domestically and abroad.
- Highest level of integrity, intellectual capability, professionalism, honesty and loyalty.
We offer an excellent benefits package, a competitive salary, and a beautiful working environment.
To apply for this position, please visit the URL below and apply to job code IRC15386. Please make sure to upload your resume including GPA, a cover letter, and your salary history.
The Rockefeller University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity/VEVRAA employer
Insights not available
Related Investment Jobs
New York, NY, US
4 hours, 33 minutes ago
Pittsburgh, PA, US
4 hours, 36 minutes ago