Under the administrative and technical direction of the Director, Investment Strategies, the Investment Analyst performs analytical tasks on behalf of …
The Mother Cabrini Health Foundation (MCHF) was formed in 2018, by the sale of the Legacy Fidelis New York Medicaid Health Plan. MCHF is organized as a New York not-for-profit corporation and as a 501(c)(3) private foundation under the Internal Revenue Code.
MCHF has an asset base of approximately $3.8 billion and an operating budget that includes approximately $140 million in annual grant awards to promote and support programs which seek to improve the health of underserved New Yorkers, bolster the health outcomes of diverse communities, and enhance access to affordable healthcare and healthcare-related services across New York State. Although MCHF operates in accordance with the ethical principles, tenets, and teachings of the Roman Catholic faith, it exists to help New Yorkers of all faiths or no faith at all.
About the Department
The Investments team currently consists of 8 professionals under the direction of Chief Investment Officer, Colin Ambrose. The Investments team is responsible for managing the Foundation’s $3.8 billion portfolio and seeks to partner with the best fund managers across the globe and across asset classes.
The Foundation seeks to hire an Analyst to join our team. Analyst responsibilities will include a mix of investment and investment operations functions. The successful candidate will work closely with various members of the Investments team and will have the opportunity to work across asset classes in a generalist structure.
Investment responsibilities include:
• preparing analysis on the performance and exposures of both individual managers’ portfolios and the endowment portfolio overall
• supporting team in sourcing, screening and analyzing prospective investment managers
• conducting thorough due diligence on the most compelling prospective opportunities, including analysis of investment strategy, process, organization, portfolio positions and performance
• researching topics of discussion on an ad hoc basis
• contributing to a culture of intellectual curiosity, analytical rigor, and innovation
• maintaining the team’s reputation for professional excellence and credibility both inside the foundation and throughout the investment management community
Additional investment operations responsibilities include:
• researching and resolving investment operations and accounting issues in a timely and accurate way
• ensuring the integrity of performance data
• processing investment cash flows and assisting with cash forecasts
• preparing materials for quarterly Investment Committee meetings
• undertaking special projects as requested
The successful candidate must have strong quantitative analytical skills, interest in investing, and a demonstrated track record of academic and professional success. Additional qualifications include:
• strong work ethic, organizational skills, and attention to detail
• ability to set goals, prioritize tasks, and manage simultaneous projects
• strong communication and presentation skills, both spoken and written
• track record of collaboration, working on a small team
• the highest level of integrity, intellectual capability, honesty, and personal responsibility
• enthusiasm for being part of the foundation and contributing to its mission
• a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in finance, accounting, economics or business administration
Insights not available
Related Investment Jobs
Highland, CA, US
7 hours, 59 minutes ago
New York, NY, US
8 hours, 2 minutes ago