This position reports to the Representative of the Secretary-General for the Investment of the assets of the UNJSPF (RSG). The ...
Company: University of Florida Investment Corporation
Location: Gainesville, FL
Compensation: Competitive base w/ bonus incentive
Date Posted: 06-17-13
The University of Florida Investment Corporation (UFICO) is the investment management company established by the University of Florida in 2004 to manage the investible assets of the University and its affiliates. UFICO’s assets under management are approximately $2.3 billion and include the University’s Endowment assets.
The Investment Analyst assists with the analysis, due diligence, and oversight of the investment opportunities in the marketable strategies portion of the Endowment’s investment portfolio, which includes public equity, hedged and absolute return strategies, and fixed income. Duties include:
- Assist with performing due diligence to evaluate potential investment opportunities for the marketable strategies portion of investment portfolio. Prepare related analysis and reports used to present investment opportunities to the investment team, and recent activities to the UFICO Board of Directors.
- Participate in manager conference calls, attend manager due diligence and annual meetings and attend industry conferences, documenting highlights in the internal UFICO investment database.
- Assist with reviewing the UFICO investment managers' monthly, quarterly and annual reports as part of ongoing monitoring. Follow up with managers to ensure all are reporting required information on a timely basis. Document highlights of the reports in UFICO's investment database.
- Review risk characteristics, market exposures and liquidity of the portfolio and report weekly and monthly investment portfolio performance, as needed.
- Prepare investment analysis for UFICO clients, its Board of Directors and for internal use.
- Perform ad hoc research on investment related topics or themes, as needed.
- Serve as a backup to internal back office staff for monitoring cash balances, planning and communicating transactions with managers or the custodian relating to capital movements, trade orders and transfers between accounts.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in finance, accounting or economics. Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) preferred.
- Minimum two years experience in institutional investment management. Experience with multiple asset classes, including alternatives, and portfolio construction is preferred.
- Strong analytical and computer skills, including advanced Excel, all MS Office products, Bloomberg, PerTrac and other investment analytics programs and databases.
- Candidate should be a self-starter with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Candidate must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, have a strong attention to detail and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must also possess active listening skills with the ability to listen and ask engaging questions.
- Candidate must possess a strong understanding of capital markets and of complex investment strategies. Must also possess strong decision making skills and the ability to construct a compelling case for or against an investment idea.
- Candidate must thrive in a team environment and promote and maintain a positive professional culture.
- Willingness and ability to travel, including outside the United States.
Fund Manager from United States
Pension from United States
Foundation from United States
Corporation from United States
Asset Manager from United States
Financial/Bank from United States
Fund of Funds from United States
Related Investment Jobs
Boston, MA, US
1 month, 2 weeks ago
New York, NY, US
1 month, 3 weeks ago