Michigan State University is seeking an Investment Analyst to perform a critical role that supports the management of its endowment assets. The position reports directly to the Chief Investment Officer and is part of a collaborative team that consists of investment and operations professionals, and student interns.
• Assist investment team with due diligence and preparation of investment recommendation for prospective investments
• Analyze and monitor existing investments (e.g. performance, portfolio positioning / exposure, compliance, cash flow and liquidity)
• Create and maintain financial models
• Maintain a database for prospective and existing investment managers
• Assist in preparation of board materials and other recurring reports
• Build relationships with investment managers and external service providers e.g. investment consultants, database vendor
• Assist in operations, administration and reporting functions
• Perform special projects as needed
• Pre-MBA. Bachelor's degree, in Finance, Engineering, Economics degree preferred, with demonstrated strong academic performance
• 0 - 2 years of investment-related work experience
• Plan to pursue or currently pursuing CFA, CAIA
Core Competency Requirements:
• Working knowledge of capital markets, economics, investment mgmt.
• Ability to comprehend and extract key financial data from a variety of financial reporting documents and formats
• Familiarity with Bloomberg
• Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, Word required; proficiency with Access or other database tools a plus
• Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with both internal and external constituents
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively to produce high quality and accurate products
• Ability to think critically, creatively, and independently
• Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure
• Strong organizational skills
• Absolute integrity and discretion essential
Supervisory Responsibility: NA
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Office Location: East Lansing, MI
Travel: Nominal travel time required.
Required Application Materials: Please provide CV, three letters of reference, and include the position ID in the subject if application is submitted via email.