Oregon State Treasury is recruiting for the position of Investment Analyst 1, Fixed Income. This position is located in our Tigard office. The primary purpose of this position is to support the Fixed Income Investment Officers in their daily portfolio management and trading activity, as well as provide backup assistance in the oversight of external Managers. This is a SEIU represented position. The work schedule for this position follows east coast market hours. The salary range for this position is $50,652 - $73,944 annually.
Oregon State Treasury (OST) is led by Tobias Read, State Treasurer, a constitutional officer and statewide elected official. OST is an organization with a wide range of financial responsibilities, including managing the state's pension fund, issuing all state debt, and serving as the central bank for state agencies. OST manages the daily investment of approximately $100 billion in assets, held in a diversified investment portfolio of domestic and international equities, fixed income securities, alternative and opportunistic investments, real estate and cash. OST also manages a banking program that processes over $250 billion in transactions annually, a debt management program responsible for issuing and monitoring approximately $10 billion in state debt, a multi-faceted 529 savings plan, and an IRA based retirement savings program for the public. The 150+ member OST staff takes great pride in their statewide and national reputation for progressive approaches to service delivery.
The Investment Division, currently comprised of 50+ individuals, is responsible for managing the investment of the Oregon Public Employees Retirement Fund (OPERF), the State Accident Insurance Fund, the Oregon Short-Term Fund, the Common School Fund, and numerous other state and state agency accounts. The Division also manages the investment program for the state's deferred compensation plan, advises the Oregon 529 College Savings Board on its investment activities, and serves as staff to the Oregon Investment Council (OIC). The Division oversees the actual investments, which are made by a select group of outside investment managers, as well as provides internal management capabilities for select mandates comprised of common stock, fixed income, and money market securities.
OST offers an attractive benefit package, which provides 95% or 99% contributions toward Public Employee Benefit Board (PEBB) sponsored plans, including medical, dental, vision, and basic employee life. Other benefits include participation in the Oregon Public Service Retirement Plan (OPSRP), paid vacation, paid holidays, paid personal leave, and paid sick leave. Optional benefits include optional life, short and long term disability, flexible spending accounts, long term care, and participation in the Oregon Savings Growth Plan (a deferred compensation plan).
OUR VALUES & PRINCIPLES
We are committed to building and fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that everyone comes to the table with a distinct point of view – one that is shaped by backgrounds, experiences, cultures, thoughts, and ideas. We embrace diversity and inclusion and believe it creates a culture of respect, innovation, and creativity that empowers our success and makes Oregon State Treasury an excellent place to work.
What you’ll do…
- Provide support to Investment Officers on daily desk tasks, such as:
- Portfolio management, market and trading monitoring, research, and analysis;
- Identify and analyze market flows;
- Build tools to monitor portfolio data integrity;
- Build and maintain daily, weekly, and monthly reporting packages for Investment Officers & external clients;
- Develop asset class, product and market knowledge to gain understanding of portfolio management process and approach, including the use of BlackRock Aladdin systems; and
- Work in conjunction with Investment Officers in the ongoing monitoring and oversight of external Managers.
We’re looking for an individual who is…
- Proactive and highly skilled analytically;
- A great problem solver;
- Keenly attentive to details;
- Excellent with verbal and written communication;
- Adept at project management;
- Proficient with Excel, PowerPoint & Word;
- Experienced with overseeing external Managers, a plus; and
- Experienced with Blackrock Aladdin, Bloomberg and MarketAxess, a plus.