Under the administrative and technical direction of the Director, Investment Strategies, the Investment Analyst performs analytical tasks on behalf of …
In its efforts to change systems affecting the health of low-income populations across California, TCE recognizes that mission impact is maximized when combining it’s grant-making strategy with mission investing. As such, over the last decade, TCE has made a commitment to utilizing impact investments to complement its grant-making and catalyze opportunity and health equity for all Californians. Impact investments include Program-Related Investments (PRI) and Mission Related Investments (MRI). TCE defines PRIs as flexible, often below market-rate investments structured to generate significant social impact. TCE defines MRIs as investments that are aligned with TCE’s mission and values broadly and generate market level rates of return.
The California Endowment is looking to expand and grow its impact investing activity and is looking to complement its growing team with an associate that can support its impact investing activities. The associate will have three key responsibilities: 1) identifying, evaluating and monitoring mission related investments; 2) supporting program-related investments; and 3) identifying new types of investments products in the field.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an entrepreneurial impact investing team with ambitious growth plans. In addition, this position offers the unique opportunity of being able to align and braid various impact investing tools together (MRIs, PRIs, grants) to drive change for low-income communities across California.
The ideal candidate is a deeply mission committed individual with top tier investment expertise that wants to grow help build and grow a significant impact investing portfolio. The position will report to the Director, Impact Investing.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Researching MRIs that are aligned with TCE’s mission and values
- Performing investment due diligence (financial analysis, modeling, industry market research, etc.) as well as closing and monitoring of investments
- Developing MRI impact measurement framework which includes racial equity and impact for the communities TCE serves
- Identifying emerging impact investing trends and innovations in the field and developing TCE approach to new investment products and trends
- Supporting mission related investments strategy development
- Contributing to program-related investments through performing due diligence and portfolio management activities
- Partnering with internal program staff and external organizations to implement the impact investing strategy and develop the pipeline
- Represents TCE and impact investing in the broader impact investing field
Communicating results through board materials including financial and social performance reporting and exposure analysis
- Experienced in both originating and evaluating investments, with an emphasis on private equity and venture capital investments
- Familiarity with impact investing and community development
- Ability to collaborate effectively across diverse departments and organizations to drive business results; demonstrated multi-sector capacity
- Above average written and oral communication skills; effective in formal and informal presentation settings with diverse constituents
- Results and detail oriented; demonstrated ability to establish and achieve goals with rigor and insight
- Strong business acumen in working with diverse constituencies
- Ability to travel and work independently as a team partner
- Undergraduate Business degree or related degree (Finance, Urban Planning, Business Administration, etc.)
- Four to five years of experience in private equity, real estate, venture capital and/or a related field.
About The California Endowment
The California Endowment, a private, statewide health foundation, was established in 1996 to expand access to affordable, quality health care for underserved individuals and communities, and to promote fundamental improvements in the health status of all Californians. Headquartered in downtown Los Angeles, The Endowment has regional offices in Sacramento, Oakland, Fresno and San Diego, with program staff working throughout the state. The Endowment challenges the conventional wisdom that medical settings and individual choices are solely responsible for people's health. The Endowment believes that health happens in neighborhoods, schools, and with prevention. For more information, visit The Endowment’s Web site at www.calendow.org
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to HRresumes@calendow.org. and reference “Impact Investing Associate” in the subject line. Your cover letter should describe your interest in The California Endowment and your experience in impact investing.
Fund Manager from
Fund Manager from United States of America
Related Investment Jobs
Highland, CA, US
7 hours, 20 minutes ago
New York, NY, US
7 hours, 23 minutes ago