The Office of the Chief Investment Officer (UC Investments) is responsible for managing the University of California’s retirement …
C.M. Capital Corporation (www.ccapital.com) (“CMC”) is a Silicon Valley-based private investment company headquartered in Palo Alto, California. Since 1969, CMC has provided investment insight and opportunities to the Cha Family and the Cha Group of affiliated companies. The Cha Group is based in Hong Kong and was founded in 1949 as China Dyeing Works, a textile manufacturer, by Cha Chi Ming, a visionary and innovative entrepreneur. Today the Cha Group's business operations span the globe and include textile and other manufacturing, real estate, technology, and financial services.
CMC invests in real estate and, through its wholly owned subsidiary C.M. Capital Advisors, LLC (“CMCA”) (www.cmcapitaladvisors.com), alternative asset classes including venture capital, private equity and hedge funds as well as equities and fixed income. It seeks to grow capital by investing in this diversified mix of asset classes and styles over a long-time horizon. CMC has successfully built its portfolio of uncorrelated return streams by following a disciplined investment process focused on steady portfolio growth and risk mitigation. The organization has global reach and access to substantial deal flow and has the ability to be opportunistic in growing its investment portfolio. Deal flow is the direct result of its strong reputation in the marketplace earned over many years.
In addition to being an active investor and partner in Silicon Valley since its founding in 1969, CMC has contributed back to the community through the C.M. Capital Foundation, an affiliated company created by CMC in order to support charitable organization in the local community (www.cmcapitalfoundation.net)
General Scope of Position
The Hedge Funds Allocation Professional will be an integral member of a small and highly skilled investment team responsible for managing a complex multi-asset class portfolio for a private family. The portfolio is heavily focused on funds investing and the firm is actively building a portfolio of direct and co-investments.
The position will allow an investment professional to gain vertical specialization and generalist experience through training from senior team members. The firm has an excellent record of accomplishment of developing people and providing opportunities for ongoing career growth and development. The organizational culture is highly collaborative, sophisticated, supportive and empowering with significant crossover engagement.
This is an exciting opportunity to become an integral member of a small team responsible for managing a multi-asset class portfolio emphasizing liquid and alternative investments. This position emphasizes diversifying hedge fund strategies, but also includes other investment responsibilities including risk management and long-only.
The staffer’s primary role will be to work with the Managing Director on sourcing and evaluating new hedge fund opportunities (primarily strategies outside of Equity Long/Short), general asset allocation and monitoring, and portfolio construction. The position also has a role in risk management and monitoring of the overall Public & Private multi-asset class portfolio, including exposure and factor analyses and reporting.
As part of CMCA’s overall investment team, the individual will conduct investment research, monitor portfolio developments, and analyze investment performance. She or he also will prepare and present materials to the Investment Committee and the Investment Advisory Board.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or CFA preferred
- 3-6 years applicable investment experience at any of the following organizations: asset management firm; single/multi-family office; foundation, endowment, pension fund, consultant; investment bank; or hedge fund.
- Considerable experience with hedge fund allocations, with a heavy initial focus on fundamental, diversifying (other than equity long/short) strategies.
- Knowledge in multi-asset-class portfolio risk management strongly preferred.
- Keen interest in economics, financial markets, and alternative investment management.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to integrate quickly into a small team of investment professionals and network within the investment community. This role requires a high degree of interaction with senior investment and fund professionals, both with the Managing Director and independently.
- Robust quantitative skills, including thorough understanding of quantitative/statistical analyses and Excel functionality and modeling. Ability to learn/apply investment specific modeling concepts required.
- Strong attention to detail and precision.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required; competence with Bloomberg and portfolio-level risk analytic tools preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Impeccable character with high ethical and quality standards
- Hard working, enthusiastic and driven to succeed. Must be self-assured and energetic; a self-starter
- Strong team player; ability to work cooperatively in a team within the department and company-wide
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects and assignments effectively
- Ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Focused and flexible; effectively navigate changing priorities
All offers are contingent upon: (1) ability, as required by federal law, to establish employment eligibility as a U.S. citizen, a U.S. lawful permanent resident, or an individual specifically authorized for employment in the U.S. by the Immigration and Naturalization Service, and (2) acceptable remarks from professional references, (3) consenting to and passing a security background check to the satisfaction of the Company, including confirmation of employment and education, and (4) acknowledgement of all Registered Investment Advisor compliance policies, and if deemed an “access person”, completion of all related compliance forms (including, but not limited to, political contribution disclosure forms), and adequate disclosure of all required information pursuant to said policies (including, but not limited to, all brokerage statements and investment holdings).
C.M. Capital requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, except as required by law. Any offer of employment will be contingent on satisfactory proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 and ongoing maintenance of booster shots.
Other from United States of America
Related Investment Jobs
Oakland, CA, US
1 month, 2 weeks ago