The Office of the State Treasurer exists to provide and ensure effective financial management of public resources, high standards of ...
SWIB is a trusted and skilled global investment organization managing the assets of the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) and other separately managed funds. With more than $110 billion in total assets under management, SWIB is one of the world’s largest institutional investors. Sophisticated investment management strategies, forward-looking technologies, and strong internal asset management make SWIB a leading investment organization.
For public employees in Wisconsin, SWIB is a unique and valuable partner. Investing for the financial security of more than 632,000 individuals – and for the 1,500 Wisconsin employers who contribute on behalf of their employees – SWIB’s strong management of the WRS has helped fuel one of only a few fully funded public pension funds in the country. SWIB’s long-term investment returns meet the challenges of a constantly evolving investment landscape while helping grow and protect the assets of the WRS, the 8th largest public pension fund in the U.S. and 25th largest public or private pension fund in the world
They are a mission driven organization and the participants they serve are their mission. By bringing a disciplined, prudent and innovative approach to market opportunities, SWIB has been successful in generating respectable returns and maintaining the trust of the beneficiaries and stakeholders of the funds we oversee.
Join HIGHER PERFORMERS
Home to Top Talent
SWIB has long been recognized as an investment leader because of its success in maintaining the WRS and for the highly-qualified staff overseeing the retirement trust funds. SWIB’s internal team invests a majority of its assets under management. This means SWIB is committed to investing in professionals that will keep the organization at the forefront of the investment industry. As an innovative organization, SWIB offers professional development opportunities that enable staff to grow and develop. Approximately 50 percent of SWIB’s investment professionals are Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) charterholders.
About the Team
The Public Equities division consists of 26 people that run approximately $11 billion in AUM for SWIB. The division currently produces two portfolios – a small cap domestic portfolio and a large-cap global portfolio. The small cap portfolio is run as a single product, while the global portfolio is run as a collection of sector “sleeves” with 1-3 person teams creating active portfolios for each of the 11 GICS sectors.
All portfolios are driven by stock selection processes that are grounded in a fundamental assessment of the underlying business model’s risks and opportunities overlaid with an appropriate valuation framework. Investment professionals interact with outside analysts and experts, meet with management teams, attend conferences and sometimes do site visits as part of our analytical process. Our portfolio construction process blends these insights with risk and alpha factor sensitivities to create portfolios that produce alpha in a consistent risk efficient manner over time.
SWIB is seeking an equity analyst in its Public Equities division to work within one of the agency’s large-cap global sector portfolios. While at least 2 years of experience is preferred, the team is open to hiring within a range of 1-10 years of equity analysis experience. The incumbent will actively build financial statement and valuation models, interact with management teams and industry experts, and communicate their investment ideas within the team and broadly throughout SWIB.
• Practice security selection consistent with the team’s investment process to generate alpha vs. a benchmark
• Directly perform fundamental business model assessment and valuation analysis of individual securities as part of a stock selection process
• Contribute to the effective management of the risk parameters of the portfolio to meet SWIB’s tracking error and risk profile expectations
• Evaluate performance attribution reports and risk reports
• Provide written and oral updates on recommendations, industries and other relevant developments
The ideal candidate:
• 0-2 years of experience in public equities research.
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree and enrollment in the CFA curriculum strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of and experience in DCF modeling.
• Ability to work within a clearly articulated investment process.
• Familiarity with multi-factor risk models (Barra, etc.) is preferred.
• Experience with global public markets is ideal but not required.
• Materials sector coverage experience is a plus but is not required.
• FactSet and/or Bloomberg experience preferred but is not required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• An ability to be adaptive and thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• Superb work ethic, attention to detail, team orientation, and commitment to excellence.
• Competitive McLagan-median base salary
• Meaningful performance-based incentive compensation
• A comprehensive benefit package
• Educational and training opportunities
• Tuition reimbursement
• Challenging work in a professional environment
Insights not available
Related Investment Jobs
Hartford, CT, US
2 days, 19 hours ago
Juneau, AK, US
2 days, 21 hours ago