Indiana Public Retirement System (INPRS) is among the largest 100 pension systems in the United States. INPRS serves the needs of approximately 450,000 members and retirees representing approximately 1200 employers, including public universities, school corporations, public safety, municipalities and state agencies.
The Director of Real Assets is a member of the investment team overseeing INPRS’ $28 billion defined benefit and $5 billion defined contribution investment portfolios. As a member of the investment team, this position is responsible for the formulation and implementation of investment strategy for INPRS’ real assets portfolio (e.g. commodities, real estate, infrastructure, and private natural resources). This position is also expected to provide leadership across the portfolio related to economic research, asset allocation, and risk management initiatives as well as to mentor and develop members of the investment staff.
- Responsible for developing the allocation strategy within the sub-portfolios.
- Lead the sourcing and analysis of external managers within the portfolios.
- Negotiate fund terms and legal documents for investment opportunities.
- Present investment recommendations for the CIO and Executive Director’s review.
- Proactively monitor risk and performance within the portfolios. Provide periodic reporting to the CIO and investment team.
- Ensure that all actions taken within the portfolios are consistent and in accordance with contracts and established investment policy guidelines.
- Present portfolio updates to the Investment Committee and/or Board of Trustees, as needed.
- Provide leadership in advancing the team’s understanding of global economies and markets.
- Provide insight and feedback into the asset-liability management of the defined benefit and defined contribution portfolios.
- Lead and contribute to cross-asset class and plan-level projects, research, and portfolio initiatives.
- Present updates to the Investment Committee and/or Board of Trustees, as needed.
- Lead and mentor investment officer(s) and investment analyst(s)
- Assist the CIO with staff recruitment, development, and retention strategies.
- Knowledge of investment concepts, terminology, styles, models, strategies, and fundamental investment factors.
- Knowledge of statistical concepts, methods, and models, and their application to investments.
- Exceptional skill in planning, organizing, and prioritizing work assignments to manage a high-volume workload in a fast-paced, changing environment and in completing detailed work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and/or written communication of complex information that is accurate, timely and based on sound judgment, and in making presentations to groups with varied levels of investment knowledge.
- Ability to lead and serve as a mentor to members of the investment team.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, agency staff, and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment.
- Ability to travel as needed in order to conduct due diligence on investment managers.
- Considerable skill in using a computer in a Windows environment with word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database, and other business software to prepare correspondence, spreadsheets, charts and reports.
Experience and Qualifications
- At least 7 years of professional investment experience preferred.
- Primary fund, co-investment, and/or direct investment underwriting experience in multifamily, office, retail, industrial, and/or hotel assets is preferred
- Working knowledge of Argus is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a real estate discipline, finance, economics, mathematics, or a related field preferred.
- CFA, CAIA, and/or MBA designations are preferred.
If you are interested, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Denise Matusiewicz at 317-234-8117. For more information about our organization, please visit the INPRS website: http://www.in.gov/inprs/
Insights not available
Related Investment Jobs
Morristown, NJ, US
16 hours, 30 minutes ago
St. Louis, Missouri, US
17 hours, 33 minutes ago