The IMC seeks professionals who can contribute materially to the management of the portfolio. Independent thinking and open dialogue are actively encouraged, with team members contributing to the skills, thinking, qualitative and quantitative analysis related to a range of the portfolio, including equities, real estate, energy, other real assets, private equity or a variety of public market strategies. The IMC environment is one in which staff members are expected to develop professionally, work collaboratively across asset classes, and assume greater responsibilities according to ability and impact.
The Director works closely with the IMC’s President and other senior and junior members of the investment staff in a team-oriented environment. The IMC sustains an environment in which staff members are expected to develop professionally, work collaboratively across asset classes, and assume greater responsibilities according to ability and impact.
- Ongoing development of the portfolio, including the contribution to the investment process at three levels: high-level asset allocation and risk management; analysis of particular investment strategies, sectors and geographies, and implementation of investment strategies, primarily through the evaluation of and on going monitoring of external managers
- Establish an approach to various parts of the portfolio through well reasoned and articulated views and preferences regarding the viability of various strategies as well as consideration of the endowment’s overall asset allocation
- Keep abreast of market conditions for various strategies
- Develop a regular program of sourcing and meeting managers for possible inclusion in the portfolio. Manage an efficient and comprehensive process for evaluating managers and for recording due-diligence material for current and future use.
- Monitor managers on an ongoing basis through dialogue, research, and review of investment reports
- Develop best practices regarding the appropriate approach to monitoring managers on an individual basis and on other bases (including style, sector, correlations, etc.)
- Work with the Operations team to ensure robust and appropriate performance measurement, cash movement, and information receipt with regards to each manager and the private investment portfolio in total
- Develop and utilize a solid network, including other investors and consultants
- Broader investment management and risk management, including working with colleagues in order to contribute to the overall asset allocation and risk allocation process through fluid understanding of the broader portfolio and rigorous risk allocation analysis
- Work with colleagues in order to contribute to the development of a well constructed investment process for ideas with regard to the entire portfolio
- Work with colleagues and with the Chief Operating Officer in particular to develop appropriate risk-management metrics and procedures for the entire portfolio
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
Insights not available
Related Investment Jobs
San Francisco, CA, US
2 days, 16 hours ago
Chicago, IL, US
2 days, 16 hours ago