Why join us?
Are you looking to join a dynamic pension plan that embodies the strong values of its 500 ...
Chartered in 1851, Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (“MassMutual” or the “Company”) is a leading mutual life
insurance company that is run for the benefit of its members and participating policyholders. The Company has a long history
of financial strength and strong performance, paying dividends to eligible participating policyholders every year since the
1860s. MassMutual is headquartered in Springfield, Massachusetts and its major subsidiaries include OppenheimerFunds,
Inc., Babson Capital Management LLC, Cornerstone Real Estate Advisers LLC, Baring Asset Management Limited and First
Mercantile Trust Company. MassMutual Financial Group (“MMFG”) is a marketing name for Massachusetts Mutual Life
Insurance Company and its affiliated companies and sales representatives. MMFG is a global, diversified financial services
organization providing life insurance, disability income insurance, long term care insurance, retirement/401(k) plan services,
annuities, investment management, mutual funds and trust services to individual and institutional investors. With whole life
insurance as its foundation, the company’s strong and growing network of financial professionals helps clients make good
financial decisions for the long-term. MassMutual, or its subsidiaries, also have operations in Asia, Europe and Latin America.
MassMutual has maintained some of the highest financial strength ratings in any industry, and is committed to maintaining a
position of preeminent financial strength by achieving consistent, long-term profitable growth. In total, MassMutual's
worldwide insurance in-force was $521 billion at the end of 2012, and assets under management were $508 billion. Premium
and other deposits totaled $35.5 billion for 2012. MassMutual is ranked 94 on the 2013 Fortune 500 list and was also named
one of Fortunes “Most Admired” companies.
The Chief Investment Officer for The MassMutual Trust Company is responsible for the overall leadership and oversight of all
investment related operations within the MassMutual Trust Company, including defining and implementing our investment
philosophy and strategy. The CIO will have strong leadership, portfolio management experience; ability to craft the strategy
for new sales ideas; will have oversight of investment philosophy and the mandate; select investment a-advisors and manage
the due diligence process. The ideal candidate will have experience managing fixed income and equity portfolios. Further,
the candidate needs to be able to easily translate and communicate complex investment topics and financial market issues
into simple language and nomenclature that can easily be absorbed by clients and advisors. He/she will have the ability to
work with agents and the field and sell the value proposition of The Trust Company. Further, the candidate will also need to
be able to demonstration solid presentation skills as they will need to frequently report to the MassMutual Trust Investment
Committee. This is a role for a versatile executive who brings both analytic and investment acumen and sales and
Job Responsibilities & Requirements
The primary reporting relationship is to the President of The MassMutual Trust Company.
There is also an direct reporting relationship to the Investment Committee of the Board of Directors for the MassMutual Trust
General Agent and Agent advisory committees, other investment professional within the larger MassMutual Financial Group
family; internal partners supporting CAS system including finance, marketing, operations, new business & underwriting.
• Conduct in-depth product due diligence analysis for all investment products that may be considered for offering
• Prepare on-going monitoring and review of investments distributed through MM Trust Company. Communicate issues and
risks that may affect the viability of the product, the relationship, or MM Trust Company clients
• Management and oversight of nearly 2000 individual client accounts and $1 B in total client assets.
• Set and monitor investment objectives with sub-advisors and provide clear mandates.
• Obtain and monitor client investment strategies
• Investment advisor performance attribution,
• Client performance reporting and modeling,
• Document investment processes and client portfolio account suitability subject to regulatory requirements set forth by the
Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC)
• Ensure investment processes are in-line with MassMutual Trust Compliance and Legal requirements.
• Management and oversight of the Trust Company capital account.
• Review and approve potential new assets prior to account acceptance
• Respond to internal and field inquiries and provide support to MM Trust Company sales team as need arises
• Conduct and host monthly/quarterly Investment Calls (video conferences) with invited advisors to provide an overview and
perspective on current financial markets,
• Participate in presentations to our more sophisticated, high net-worth clients, prospects, attorneys and registered
representatives. Travel may be required.
• Serve as Chairman of the MMTC Trust Investment Committee
• Contribute as the Subject Matter Expert in the development of new investment programs offered by the MM Trust
Company. Such assistance may include assisting in the design the program, drafting policies & procedures, implementing the
program, and educating the field force and internal staff on attributes of program.
• Contribute to the development and on-going assessment of the investment product strategy and the product development
• Identify and drive changes in the investment strategies in order to improve profits/performance.
• Chartered Financial Analysts (CFA)
• Previous investment analysis, investment consulting or due diligence experience
• In depth knowledge of the financial details like accounts, analysis of financial statements, securities and stock ma
working and investment strategies
• Excellent knowledge of computer applications for analysis of data and preparation of investment plans using the latest
• Strong analytical ability
• Good managerial and leadership skills
• Ability to view all the available resources comprehensively and suggest the best way to use them to increase company
• Exceptional planning, analytical and execution skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to handle stress and work under high pressure condition
• Creativity and the ability to think out of the box to formulate innovative strategies
Demonstrates knowledge of the interdependencies of key business processes, functions and risks. Identifies and uses the
key financial indicators necessary to measure business performance. Knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and
tactics work in the marketplace. Identifies and anticipates customer requirements, expectations, and needs.
Critically and logically evaluates the costs, risks, and benefits of alternatives before coming to a solution. Probes and looks
past symptoms to determine the underlying causes of problems and issues. Approaches problems holistically, defines
connections, linkages, interdependencies and develops solutions. Takes ownership of problems and stays on top of them
Makes quick decisions in high stakes situations, crises, or conditions of uncertainly. Critically and logically evaluates the
consequences and implications of alternatives, actions, or decisions.
Engage and Inspire
Encourages others to set challenging goals and high standards of performance. Fosters a sense of energy, ownership, and
personal commitment to the work. Creates an environment in which performance excellence is rewarded.
Advocates for needed change across the organization that add to our success. Ensures the implementation of change with
appropriate communications, goals, resources, metrics and reviews. Takes ownership and p
ersonal responsibility for
implementing change despite opposition or barriers
Ability to engage in and model courageous and constructive dialogue; confidence to offer a new and potentially challenging
idea to foster conversation and critical thinking; ability to successfully deliver difficult and/or complex messages and help
others understand multiple points of views.
• Focus on the Customer: Know your customers well; add value with a sense of urgency.
• Act with Integrity: Be trustworthy, adhere to high ethical standards and adhere to the letter and spirit of applicable laws,
rules, regulations and company policies
• Value People: Lead people to success; appreciate diverse backgrounds, ideas and experiences.
• Work Collaboratively: Partner with others to achieve results that leverage the right resources
• Achieve Results: Focus on winning; consistently exceeds expectations, beat the competition
MassMutual Financial Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Individual with
Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply.
1 day, 18 hours ago
Whippany, NJ, US
3 weeks, 1 day ago