The Chief Investment Officer is responsible for the Client Investment Portfolios. The Chief Investment Officer (CIO) oversees a team of professionals that have responsibilities such as managing and monitoring investment activity, managing pensions, working with external analysts maintaining good investor relations. They will also develop short-term and long-term investment policies.
- Leads the Investment Management Group and participates in various senior level committees.
- Oversees all investment manager due diligence criteria and asset allocation policies.
- Sources and vets specific private market investments.
- Manages all investment related projects and initiatives.
- Participates in client/prospect meetings.
- Active in investment areas including research and publishing original written material.
- Develops investment strategies based on company’s philosophy and client objectives
- Performs investment research and stays current on development in security markets
- Participates in the strategic planning and decision making for department
- Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree highly preferred.
- CFA required.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years of direct experience in the industry or related industries required
- Minimum of five (5) years experience managing a team
- Prior experience as CIO is highly desired.
- Extensive knowledge of investment strategies, investment solutions, private markets, and the wealth management industry required
- Demonstrated ability for Business Development
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and presentation abilities
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Business Development
- Strategic Planning
- Investment Product expertise
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Sufficient dexterity of hands and fingers to efficiently operate a computer keyboard, mouse and other computer components.
- Ability to converse and exchange information with all levels of staff within organization.
- Ability to observe, perceive, identify, and translate data
- Ability to travel via air, rail, automobile and/or bus.