When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $300 billion, and projected to exceed half a trillion by 2030, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan to ensure long-term sustainability. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB’s important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
Reporting to a Director in CPPIB’s New York City office, an Associate plays a key role in the full life cycle of CPPIB’s real estate portfolio. Associates are accountable for both assisting in the underwriting, research/analysis, and transaction execution of new investment opportunities and portfolio management activities for existing investments.
- Research and underwrite a variety of real estate opportunities (direct asset investments, joint ventures, private platforms, and public markets).
- Compile industry, market, and asset level data and financial information.
- Primary ownership of complex, dynamic financial models to analyze investment opportunities.
- Draft sections of investment memoranda and participate in investment committee discussions.
- Perform transaction management duties such as overseeing external parties, including lawyers, advisers, and consultants. Ensure timely completion of closing matters.
- Participate in portfolio management activities including i) monitoring investment performance, ii) participating in third party meetings with joint venture partners, iii) analyzing proposed budgets, capital plans, and other investment / development recommendations, and iv) assisting in buy/hold/sell analysis.
- Other relevant duties and projects as assigned.
Characteristics & Skills:
- Collaborative with proven ability to perform effectively in a lean team environment.
- Demonstrated research, quantitative, financial modelling, and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, writing, and communication skills; Demonstrated relationship builder who develops lasting positive and value-adding relationships.
- Demonstrated work prioritization skills, organizational ability, and exceptional attention to detail.
- Intellectual curiosity and desire for personal development.
- Exceptional modeling, Excel and, and PowerPoint skills (Argus DCF and Enterprise a plus).
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Exemplifies CPPIB Guiding Principles of Integrity, Partnership, and High Performance.
- 2 to 4 years work experience in a fast-paced, high-growth, complex and high-visibility organization in investment banking and/or a real estate investment company on buy-side or sell-side (work experience at a pension advisor, opportunity fund/property fund manager, or real estate division of a pension fund a plus).
- Undergraduate business, finance or economics degree – B.A, B.S. or equivalent from a top-tier program
Insights not available
Related Investment Jobs
New York, NY, US
15 hours, 40 minutes ago
Foster City, CA, US
15 hours, 43 minutes ago