Volition Capital is a leading global growth equity investment firm with over $1.2B in total AUM across 4 funds. The …
The Investment Associate will work with the Chief Investment Officer and the Investments team in managing a sophisticated institutional portfolio, spanning all asset classes in both the public and private markets, and will be responsible for supporting the Office of Investments in a broad range of activities. Responsibilities include evaluating and monitoring a broad range of fund managers, including traditional equity and fixed-income funds, hedge funds and private investments, involvement in all steps of the investment review and decision-making process, and preparing written recommendations and presentations following rigorous investment and operational due diligence to the internal staff and Investment committee. The Investment Associate will contribute to the ongoing refinement of strategic and tactical asset allocation framework and implementation of public and private portfolios, including exposure and risk analysis; assist in preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual performance reports for Investment Committee and Board of Trustees meetings; and coordinate with the University's Finance department, custodian, and external consultant to complete the annual audit and assist with stock sales and reconciliation of cash flows. The Investment Associate will complete annual surveys and other external requests for information and ensure proper documentation of pipeline of investment opportunities, Investment Committee minutes, meeting notes, and legal documentation for institutional memory. Additional responsibilities include representing the University at conferences, meetings, and the investment community at large, as well as mentoring and managing those in the Investment Analyst program by working with them on various projects.
- Bachelor's degree and four to seven years investment management, capital markets, or other relevant experience required; MBA and/or CFA preferred.
- A minimum of two years of investment experience at an endowment, foundation, family office, or investment consulting firm is preferred.
- Must have experience sourcing high-quality investment managers and participating in a rigorous due diligence process.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain professional relationship networks required.
- Must have enthusiasm for and a keen interest in investments, endowment management, and advancing the University's research mission.
- Must have excellent analytical skills, an understanding of statistics and financial derivatives, a willingness and ability to juggle numerous projects simultaneously and respond to changing priorities, and the ability to complete assignments independently and on a timely basis.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, high level of professional maturity, integrity, and judgment.
- Dependability and a sense of personal ownership of responsibilities a must.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint required; must be open to mastering other relevant tools such as Bloomberg.
- Must be willing to travel domestically and abroad once University travel resumes.
- Must have a desire to work as an integral member of a relatively small and close-knit team and ready to take on a broad range of tasks as needed.
Insights not available
Related Investment Jobs
Boston, MA, US
11 hours, 11 minutes ago
Tacoma, WA, US
11 hours, 21 minutes ago