Mason Group Holdings, a Hong Kong financial firm backed by Chinese property tycoon Hui Wing Mau, is poised for an acquisition spree as it seeks to build an offshore wealth-management business of at least US$3 billion (S$4.08 billion) in assets from scratch.
Investors have been pouring their money into low-cost index funds at a clip, leaving some people wondering if the active management business is dead. Warren Buffett, the billionaire every investor looks to for advice, has repeatedly said anyone who gives their money to someone to manage is essentially throwing money away.
Alex Scott of Sandaire explains the approach and value proposition of his firm’s offering as part of its growth plan for the regional market. Five years ago, the founder of Sandaire Investment Office, which manages his own funds and those of 40 other families globally, set up his office in Singapore.
A trio of family office veterans have launched a new advisory service to help ultra-wealthy families and individuals achieve their long-term wealth management goals, including the setting-up of family offices. Former lawyers and bankers Adam Wethered (pictured) and William Drake founded their multi-family office Lord North Street in 2000 then sold it to the family-owned international investment office Sandaire in 2014. Wethered and Drake departed the merged firm to form Owl Private Office with broker Andrew Wimble in 2016.
Federal prosecutors have charged the former head of a Bellevue wealth management firm accused of running a Ponzi scheme with wire fraud and making false statements to the United States. Seattlepi.com reports charges against Summit Asset Strategies CEO Chris Young Yoo were unsealed Monday. Yoo’s attorney Michelle Peterson says her client will be pleading guilty as part of a plea deal. The charges are related to claims that he misled his firm’s clients while using new investments to […]
<h4>As significant chunks of Asia's wealth management industry continue to struggle to articulate a clear value proposition, the right mind-set (independent or not) is essential to meet the needs of clients today, says Philippe Legrand of London and Capital Asia. Managing the quickly-changing needs of wealthy clients is significantly more challenging today than ever before.</h4>
<p>Ballentine Partners, the independent wealth management firm headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts, welcomed Anja Saloranta as the firm’s first Chief Operating Officer.</p> <p>In her role as COO, Ms. Saloranta works with the President and CEO, Drew McMorrow, in the management of the firm and leading strategic initiatives.</p> <p>Anja Saloranta, Chief Operations Officer, joined Ballentine Partners in early November. In her role, she works with the President and CEO, Drew McMorrow, in the management of the firm and leading strategic initiatives.</p>
Leading wealth management player Ask Group has sold 41 per cent stake to Boston-based private equity major Advent International for USD 125 million.<br /> <br /> Founders and other promoters, who include the top management, will retain the remaining 59 per cent in the city-based company, which is the largest in private wealth management firm in the country with an asset under management of close to Rs 30,000 crore, Ask Group managing director Sunil Rohokale said.
Waterloo Capital has named Bennett Woodward as a partner and chief investment officer. Woodward is a former chief strategist for the ING Investment Centre. Woodward is joining Waterloo Capital as a result of his Atlanta-based wealth management firm Black Diamond Investment Partners merging with Waterloo.
This concentration of corporate success has created a vast network of high net worth founders and executives. In fact, 41 of the richest Americans on the Forbes 400 reside in Silicon Valley and given the positive news around the IPO market, that number will surely grow. Below Trusted Insight profiles the family offices managing the fortunes built in and around Silicon Valley.