Our Investment Servicing Divisions Technology Management Unit is currently seeking an Investment Officer II who will utilize their knowledge, work ...
Assists with short and long-term strategy development, planning, and implementation to optimize portfolio performance, with limited input from supervisor.
Leads ad-hoc project teams that provide analytical support and a financial perspective on key projects, managing and tracking initiatives, transactions, development projects and other activities across the real estate portfolio. Actively participates in, and manages, analysis of key Commercial Real Estate (CRE) transactions to ensure alignment with strategy and Kamehameha Schools’ (KS') overall investment objectives. Manages analysis of CRE risk and return while managing dedicated Portfolio Finance (PF) personnel.
Manages and conducts opportunity analysis, risk assessment, due diligence and market research on moderately to highly complex projects and opportunities of strategic importance, with occasional input from supervisor. Exercises judgment in developing opinions, conclusions and recommendations in support of organizational decision-making, with limited input from supervisor.
Expert in all areas of real estate finance and investment analysis including financial and economic analysis at asset and portfolio levels, portfolio strategy, valuation, macroeconomic and market trends, financing, development analysis, lease rates, pricing, deal structuring, project management and scheduling.
Project and Personnel Management
- Provides senior-level management to direct reports and PF project team members in carrying out PF functions, including as relates to portfolio analytics, identifying and analyzing benchmarks, valuation, real estate investment analysis, and budgeting and reporting.
- Provides senior-level project management oversight, project-management and project-management support for multiple and complex transactions, development projects, planning and development initiatives, and ongoing operational needs.
- Tracks projects, provides project updates, coordinates status of assignments with others, and prioritizes work for complex projects.
Planning, Development and Transaction Support
- Serves as Portfolio Finance (PF) lead on specific, highly complex planning, development and transaction efforts, providing a finance perspective to the project/transaction team and management of other PF personnel in the execution of PF functions specific to that project/transaction.
- Coordinates closely with CRE functional departments in development of property/area-specific redevelopment plans/asset plans, including capital deployment strategies, capital planning and budgeting, and identification of partnership opportunities.
- Participates in joint venture/partnership selections and negotiations, where appropriate to supplement in-house capabilities, access third-party capital, leverage third-party expertise and optimize risk-adjusted returns.
- Manages and conducts front-end diligence of specific projects, including preparation of financial projections, diligence, opportunity assessment, risk assessment, etc.
Real Estate Portfolio Strategy & Analytics
- Assists in development of the CRED portfolio plan.
- Assists in coordination with Financial Assets and Finance in order to optimize Endowment investment performance.
- Assists with development of portfolio-wide risk mitigation strategies to minimize return volatility (subject to the achievement of the target mean return).
- Interprets income and capital appreciation components of total return, and participates in the identification of value-creation strategies.
- Provides input into analysis of CRE risk/return profile to inform optimal asset allocation and the CRE Portfolio Strategy.
- Analyzes the income and capital appreciation dynamics of the CRE Portfolio in relation to the Financial Assets Portfolio.
- Performs advanced, complex financial and non-financial analyses in support of organizational decision-making, including single-asset and portfolio-level analyses of historical or projected performance, project pro-formas for new development or renovations, lease-by-lease projections of operating assets, and net present value calculations for prospective land or building leases.
- Creates and maintains advanced, complex financial models using Excel and other financial software.
- Responsible for reviewing and vetting analyses and financial models created by PF analysts and others using Excel and other financial software.
Analysis and Reporting
- Independently performs and supervises complex qualitative and quantitative analyses of real estate assets individually and at the portfolio level, including as relates to major transactions.
- Assists with the designing of analytical reports that facilitate real estate asset management decision making, including standardized models for scenario planning.
- Makes recommendations relating to development and standardization of project performance metrics.
- Assists with continuous assessment of portfolio benchmarks for appropriateness, and recommends alternative benchmarks as necessary.
- Oversee management of overall divisional reporting for financial and non-financial performance, including variance reporting, quarterly activities report and otherwise, working in coordination with KS Finance staff as necessary.
General & Administrative
- Performs/participates in general and administrative responsibilities including: 1) preparing Requests for Action (RFA), fiscal and other reports, 2) participation in applicable KS and/or Endowment initiatives and 3) other related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Qualifications: An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute for the requirements listed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Real Estate Development, Urban Land Economics, Economics, or Project Management.
- Continuing Education or a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of directly-related work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a manager.
- Expert understanding of finance and valuation theory.
- Expert financial modeling and analytical skills, including ability to assist with development of investment strategy.
- Demonstrated proficiency with the full cycle of real estate investment activities, including feasibility analysis, development, acquisitions, financial structuring, property management and leasing, credit analysis, and divestment.
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple and competing priorities, including but not limited to multiple projects/activities, project teams, deadlines.
- Demonstrated proficiency with real estate economics including supply and demand relationships, analytical techniques, and knowledge of appraisal approaches and drivers of value.
- Highly skilled in building and managing relationships.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Contribute to fostering of strong team building ethic among professional staff.
- Comfortable working with senior management and Board of Trustees.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including presentation, oral communication and writing.
- Ability to lead and engage in constructive and intellectually rigorous discussions with senior management of CRE and other KS stakeholder groups.
- Impeccable character with high ethical standards consistent with those articulated by Kamehameha Schools.
- Ability to manage highly confidential information using ethical conduct and discretion at all times.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including expert-level Excel skills
- Master's degree in Finance, Business Administration, Real Estate Development, or related field.
- Work experience at a university or nonprofit endowment fund, pension fund, REIT, real estate owner or developer, investment bank, or private equity fund.
- Professional Association Certification (e.g., CPM, CRE, CCIM, etc.)
- Working knowledge of accounting practices and advanced knowledge of real estate finance/valuation software.
- Familiarity with government departments and regulations with regards to permits, zoning,, building codes, and archaeological issues.
- Familiarity with trends, supply/demand, and issues affecting real estate.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation
Insights not available
Related Investment Jobs
Sacramento County, CA, US
2 days, 12 hours ago