The Senior Investment Officer, Real Estate will assist in managing private and public (REITS) real estate investments which currently have a target asset allocation of approximately $18 billion.
Under the supervision of the Real Estate Asset Class Head, responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Collaborate with the investment team on policy, strategic planning and risk management issues;
• Lead initiatives to Identify, review, evaluate and conduct due diligence on prospective investment opportunities;
• Assisted by legal counsel, industry consultants, and other team members, negotiate terms and conditions of new investment agreements and other related contracts.
• Prepare documents and present investment recommendations to BAM’s internal Investment Committees and the Systems’ Boards of Trustees;
• Monitor and manage the portfolio of existing investments to ensure compliance with the terms of the limited partnership agreement and other contracts;
• Work with the Real Estate team to develop internal databases of new opportunities and existing investments which include a framework for analyzing and reporting on manager and investment attributes and portfolio performance;
Minimum Qual Requirements
• Master’s degree in business administration, economics, finance, or a closely related field and four (4) or more years of full-time experience in a financial services organization with progressively increasing responsibility for complex financial transactions involving institutional debt and/or equity real estate investments or similar experience at a consulting firm or in a closely related area; or,
• BS/BA degree from an accredited college or university and six (6) or more years of full-time satisfactory experience as listed above; or,
• A satisfactory equivalent of education and experience mentioned above.
• Expert knowledge of financial principles and concepts and their application to the process of underwriting and evaluating institutional real estate investments;
• 8+ years of experience with a financial services firm, preferably in debt or equity institutional real estate;
• Clearly demonstrated experience in investment manager sourcing and due diligence; portfolio management, structuring and monitoring; producing monthly, quarterly and annual investment materials; and, constructing and producing clear, cohesive investment recommendation documents;
• Excellent financial analysis, writing, presentation, interpersonal, communication and organizational skills;
• Strong fluency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Insights not available
Related Investment Jobs
San Francisco, CA, US
8 hours, 8 minutes ago
New York, NY, US
8 hours, 14 minutes ago