Indiana Public Retirement System (INPRS’) is among the largest 100 pension systems in the United States. INPRS serves the needs of approximately 473,000 members and retirees representing approximately 1,244 employers, including public universities, school corporations, public safety, municipalities and state agencies. The Indiana Public Retirement System is a public pension fund who manages approximately $38 billion in assets, making it one of the largest in the United States.
What You Will Do
This position is a member of the investment team responsible for the INPRS’ multi-billion dollar investment portfolio. As a member of the Private Markets Team, the Senior Investment Analyst - Private Markets, is responsible for sourcing, evaluating, recommending, and monitoring investments in private equity, private credit, and real estate. The position is involved in all aspects of investment management including asset allocation, portfolio implementation, manager / investment due diligence and selection, as well as portfolio monitoring. The position also interacts with a wide variety of world-class managers and gains unique insights into global investments.
- Identify institutional quality fund managers in the target markets and develop a pipeline of potential fund, co-investment, and / or secondary investment opportunities.
- Analyze, evaluate, and lead due diligence processes for potential fund, co-investment, and secondary investments—with a primary focus on private equity opportunities.
- Negotiate fund terms and legal documents and oversee legal review of investment opportunities.
- Monitor investment managers / investments and occasionally represent INPRS on advisory boards.
- Assist with the analysis of amendments, consents, elections, and other GP correspondence, and recommend applicable courses of action.
- Lead creation, development, and refinement of quantitative models.
- Ensure that all actions taken in the private equity portfolio are consistent and in accordance with established investment policy guidelines and philosophy. Ensure compliance with contracts.
- Proactively monitor activities of the private equity portfolio including investment transactions, status reports, risk reports, and portfolio performance.
- Assist with the ongoing development of private equity asset class strategy.
- Participate as an active member of INPRS' overall Investments Team.
- Complete Investments Team strategic projects as assigned, including projects outside of private markets.
- Knowledge of investment concepts, terminology, styles, models, strategies, and fundamental investment factors.
- Knowledge of statistical concepts, methods, and models, and their application to investments.
- Considerable skill in financial modeling and asset valuation.
- Considerable skill in using a computer in a Windows environment with word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database, and other business software to prepare correspondence, spreadsheets, charts, and reports.
- Considerable skill in conducting data searches and evaluations of large amounts of information, performing complex statistical analysis of the data, and preparing concise and accurate reports and written / oral recommendations.
- Exceptional skill in planning, organizing, and prioritizing work assignments to manage a high-volume workload in a fast-paced, changing environment and in completing detailed work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and / or written communication of complex information that is accurate, timely and based on sound judgment, and in making presentations to groups with varied levels of investment knowledge.
- Excellent judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to lead and serve as a mentor to analysts on the Investments Team.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, agency staff, and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment.
- Ability to travel as needed in order to conduct due diligence on investment managers and monitor current managers / investments.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is required from an accredited four-year college or university. Major coursework in finance, economics, mathematics, accounting, and/or related areas is preferred.
- CFA, CAIA, and / or MBA is preferred.
- Full-time 2 to 5 years of professional investment or related experience and / or relevant internship experience is desired.
- Prior experience with private equity fund investments is preferred.
Comprehensive Benefits Package:
- Temporary remote working due to COVID-19
- Competitive compensation with investment incentive compensation plan
- Healthcare coverage (medical / dental / vision)
- Health savings account with employer contribution
- Prescription coverage
- Employer funded retirement plan (pension plan)
- Deferred compensation plan (employer and/or employee contribution plan)
- Flexible spending account
- Work/life balance
- 12 paid holidays; 14 during election year
- Paid leave (personal, sick, vacation)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Group life insurance
- Employer-paid downtown parking