Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is recruiting for a Portfolio Manager, Global Private Credit to be based in New Brunswick, NJ.
With $71.9 billion in 2016 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Benefit Trust division manages a $42 billion global portfolio of assets including equities, fixed income, and a growing need to build out private market strategies. This position reports to the Managing Director, Private Markets. The ideal candidate will work closely with the Managing Director of Private Markets to construct, design and manage a private credit portfolio. The position requires expert investment oversight of sourcing, evaluating, analyzing, executing and monitoring all private credit investments on a globally basis. In addition, he or she will back up the private equity or real assets portfolio managers and collaborate with colleagues covering other asset classes.
Oversees all aspects of the private credit investment activity including, but not limited to:
- Lead identification of appropriate private credit investments. Evaluate a wide variety of investment vehicles - including general partnership stakes, and separate accounts / co-investments.
- Responsible for all aspects of the investment sourcing, underwriting, diligence and documentation process for primary fund investments, separate accounts / co-investments.
- Manage the development of analyses and materials for the Underwriting and Investment Committee. Able to form and defend well-reasoned opinions culminating in thoughtful recommendations
- Work with operations and legal departments as part of the investment due diligence and execution process
- Prepare and present periodic reports, portfolio reviews and other ad hoc requests to investment team and relevant Investment Committees
- Maintain network with colleagues within the institutional investment community and among the investment manager community.
- Closely monitor the performance of existing investments, including financial analysis of the underlying portfolio companies and/or assets as well as the aggregate portfolio. Attend annual meetings and other GP updates.
- Maintain the investment database, including the analysis of portfolio company financial information and ranking of key performance indicators. Mine critical financial and operational data from portfolio company financials and reports.
- Partner with the Managing Director, Private Markets to stay abreast of capital markets conditions, pro-actively identify and research new strategic initiatives and tactical investment opportunities globally
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree required
- MBA or advanced degree preferred
- CPA, CFA or CAIA designations, or progress towards designations preferred
- A minimum of 7 years of finance, accounting or related business experience required
- Global investment experience preferred
- Prior experience in credit research or underwriting and/or managing a credit portfolio for an institutional investor preferred
- Completion of a credit training program and/or relevant credit underwriting experience preferred
- Strong understanding of accounting and finance required
- Prior experience in selecting institutional investment managers preferred
- Prior experience utilizing Pitchbook preferred
- Creative and innovative thinking capabilities and the ability to think outside the box required
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills and proficiency in excel modeling preferred
- Prior financial statement analysis required
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member required
- The candidate must also possess superior work ethic, intellectually curiosity, accuracy and attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to influence required
- This position is based in New Brunswick, NJ
- This position will require up to 30% domestic and international travel
Fund Manager from United States
Fund Manager from United States