The Investment Officer (IO) serves on teams responsible for managing key components of Mayo Clinic's investment portfolios. Spend at least ...
- Lead identification of appropriate private credit investments. Evaluate a wide variety of investment vehicles – including general partnership stakes, and separate accounts / co-investments.
- Responsible for all aspects of the investment sourcing, underwriting, diligence and documentation process for primary fund investments, separate accounts / co-investments.
- Manage the development of analyses and materials for the Underwriting and Investment Committee. Able to form and defend well-reasoned opinions culminating in thoughtful recommendations
- Work with operations and legal departments as part of the investment due diligence and execution process
- Prepare and present periodic reports, portfolio reviews and other ad hoc requests to investment team and relevant Investment Committees
- Maintain network with colleagues within the institutional investment community and among the investment manager community.
- Closely monitor the performance of existing investments, including financial analysis of the underlying portfolio companies and/or assets as well as the aggregate portfolio. Attend annual meetings and other GP updates.
- Maintain the investment database, including the analysis of portfolio company financial information and ranking of key performance indicators. Mine critical financial and operational data from portfolio company financials and reports.
- Partner with the Managing Director, Private Markets to stay abreast of capital markets conditions, pro-actively identify and research new strategic initiatives and tactical investment opportunities globally
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree required
- MBA or advanced degree preferred
- CPA, CFA or CAIA designations, or progress towards designations preferred
- A minimum of 7 years of finance, accounting or related business experience required
- Global investment experience preferred
- Prior experience in credit research or underwriting and/or managing a credit portfolio for an institutional investor preferred
- Completion of a credit training program and/or relevant credit underwriting experience preferred
- Strong understanding of accounting and finance required
- Prior experience in selecting institutional investment managers preferred
- Prior experience utilizing Pitchbook preferred
- Creative and innovative thinking capabilities and the ability to think outside the box required
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills and proficiency in excel modeling preferred
- Prior financial statement analysis required
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member required
- The candidate must also possess superior work ethic, intellectually curiosity, accuracy and attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to influence required
- This position is based in New Brunswick, NJ
- This position will require up to 30% domestic and international travel
Insights not available
Related Investment Jobs
Rochester, MN, US
4 days, 1 hour ago