Are you graduating soon and looking for an opportunity to grow your experience & further accelerate your career? Are you interested in working for a reputable global organization with a highly collaborative culture in financial services?
Then you will want to learn more about New Grad -Investment Analyst, Teachers’ Innovation Platform position in our new Graduate program at Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan! This newly created program has been designed for students who are in their final year of study and graduating by January 2022 or have graduated in 2021.
Our Graduate program provides students fresh out of university with:
- Access to a robust training program as part of your onboarding!
- Exclusive New Grad Events
- Webinars with opportunities to hear from our executive team
- Paid vacation days
- Competitive salary and incentives
- Corporate discounts through our Edvantage program
- Access to hundreds of online learning courses through Degreed
Who you’ll work with
- Working with the TIP team to develop and, over time, refine OTPP’s go to market strategy for this unique part of the equity investment spectrum. You will also execute deals and post investment asset management activities. The New Grad analyst will report to the Senior Principal, TIP.
- You will work collaboratively across the organization and specifically in partnership across the Equities department and other fund investment teams (Total Fund Management, Strategy & Risk) to help drive improved sector and investment stage specialization and regional coordination. Partnering with OTPP regional and asset class colleagues and external relationship management capabilities will be vital to success.
What you’ll do
- Play a meaningful role in the research, analysis and execution of a variety of investment opportunities primarily focused on venture capital / growth equity funds with an opportunity to also participate in co-investments / directs
- Develop sophisticated dynamic financial models to analyze the investment opportunities
- Analyze fund holdings for potential investment / co-investment and emerging industry trends
- Develop analytics, driving meaningful insights and developing recommendations to leadership
- Support investment recommendations based on the results of the team’s due diligence findings and analysis
- Prepare and present investment recommendations and memos to internal committees, as required
- Responsible for supporting internal processes including critical aspects of the valuation process, ongoing monitoring and administration of investments
- Contribute to other OTPP initiatives defined as critical by senior leaders within TIP including initiatives designed to share the insights of TIP with the broader Investment organization
- Engage with key partners globally including like-minded investors, entrepreneurs, VC and growth equity-focused banks and other service providers
- Represent TIP at annual meetings and industry conferences
- Partner and communicate with the teams across all global offices ensuring appropriate parties are kept informed and engaged on transactions or initiatives
- Verify information that is essential to our investing activities, maintaining an eye for detail but able to see the big picture
- Develop a strong and intuitive grasp of the strategic objectives that TIP uses to anchor its investment decision-making
- Work cross-functionally and collaboratively with other teams to ensure continued alignment with OTPP’s mission, vision and values. This includes supporting and sharing knowledge with other areas of Investments and responding to ad hoc requests from other departments
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, graduate degree, MBA or other an asset
- Relevant experience (preferably in investment banking, venture or growth equity principal or fund investing, transaction services, management consulting or corporate development within an operating business or entrepreneurial start-up)
- Keen interest in disruptive / innovative technology trends. Experience investing in VC companies an asset
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills and ability to perform in-depth analysis
- Ambitious, self-motivated, results and driven
- Possess a global mentality approach to working on opportunities
- An ability to balance priorities, work independently with minimal direction, lead projects and thrive in a high-performance team environment
- Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint. Experience organizing and analyzing structured and unstructured data an asset.
- Ability to travel as required
- Graduated in 2021 or graduating no later than January 2022
What we’re offering
At Ontario Teachers', we are a globally minded organization and take pride ensuring that the people we hire and the culture we create reflects and celebrates diversity of thought, background and experience.
If you require an accommodation for the application, recruitment or interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to apply
Are you ready to pursue new challenges and take your career to the next level? Submit your application online at www.otpp.com/careers and apply to requisition #3625. The following documents are required to be uploaded with your application:
**Once your resume is uploaded, you may use the ‘upload’ button to attach more documents such as those required and outlined above.
You will also be invited to complete a pre-recorded digital interview as part of your application. This portion of your application will take approximately 10 minutes to complete.
The deadline to apply for this role is September 28, 2021.
Please note that as part of our eligibility criteria it is required you are available to begin in early 2022.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted. Note that
You must be eligible to work in Canada and either hold a valid Canadian work permit or qualify under an LMIA-exempt work permit program. Ontario Teachers’ will sponsor your Canadian work permit application, however we cannot guarantee the success of any application.
Insights not available
Related Investment Jobs
Atlanta, GA, US
1 hour, 8 minutes ago
Dallas, TX, US
1 hour, 14 minutes ago