Manager of Real Estate and Timberland Accounting and Reporting
Pension Reserves Investment Management Board
For consideration, please submit resume via the following link:
The Massachusetts Pension Reserves Investment Management Board (PRIM) seeks a Manager of Real Estate and Timberland Accounting and Reporting. Reporting to the Director of Investment Operations, the Manager of Real Estate and Timberland Accounting and Reporting will be responsible for various portfolio accounting, data validation, cash processing and reconciliation needs for the firm supporting the private investment programs, with primary focus on the Real Estate and Timberland portfolios.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage the monthly reporting of Real Estate and Timberland investments to the master custodian.
- Manage daily accounting activities and prepare and distribute internal financial statements and reports while maintaining high standards of quality, reliability, and accuracy.
- Monitor cash balances.
- Act as liaison with auditors and lenders regarding quarterly financial reporting, reconciliations, and loan-covenant compliance matters.
- Manage monthly closing process, including reconciliations and analysis of related accounts.
- Assist in the oversight and coordination of the annual audit.
- Partner with investment staff on reporting and structuring requirements of potential investments.
- Prepare the annual budget for the real estate and timberland portfolio.
- Assist with additional project-based responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required; Master’s or MBA preferred
- CPA designation preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant accounting and financial reporting experience in a professional services environment.
- Minimum 3 years working within Investment Accounting with exposure to Real Estate and/or Timberland investing.
- Proficient knowledge of accounting fundamentals as well as experience with the preparation and review of financial statements.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) reporting.
- Experience in real estate accounting, or property accounting preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive working relationships with all levels of an organization.
- Financial, analytical, and problem-solving skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects to meet reporting deadlines.
It is the policy of the PRIM Board to afford equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.