• Investment Operations Management
- Manage the custodian bank relationship, including but is not limited to: accounting and valuation, performance reporting and client management groups.
- Manage liquidity and cash management functions of the endowment, including forecasting endowment liquidity and cash flows.
- Interact regularly with Denison’s Office of Finance and Management in matters relating to endowment spending draw, various reporting requirements, and other finance related matters.
- Work closely with external auditors and oversee the Investment Office’s role in the annual endowment audit process.
- Manage the relationship with outside legal counsel and the legal review process for investments and amendments. Complete necessary documentation including subscription, redemption and capital commitment forms to implement investment decisions made by the Investment Office.
- Coordinate the flow of information from external investment managers to the Investment Office and custodian bank.
- Work closely with investment staff on assessing investment manager risk controls and meet with external managers as appropriate.
• Account Management
- Maintain a high level of oversight and interaction with numerous external investment managers.
- Provide regular instruction to the custodian bank on all limited partnership capital calls and distributions, account redemptions and contributions and various other cash flow activities.
- Oversee new account set up process, including the execution of fund subscription documents as appropriate.
• Endowment Reporting
- Work closely with the custodian bank to reconcile accounts and ensure accurate reporting and valuation.
- Maintain and update internal models in Excel.
- Regularly update various reports for distribution within the Investment Office as well as periodic Investment Committee and Trustee meetings.
- Compile data for external surveys, endowment audit and annual report.
- Manage various compliance oversight and reporting related functions.
• Office Management
- Work in conjunction with the Executive Assistant/Office Manager to ensure the appropriate management of Investment Office facilities.
- Work closely with the Executive Assistant/Office Manager and the Chief Investment Officer on the management and reporting of the Investment Office budget.
- Oversee document file storage and management.
Perform other duties as required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other related field
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in an accounting, finance or related field
• Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
• The ability to work well in a small team environment
• Experience with investment operations, accounting, valuation and/or performance
Insights not available
Related Investment Jobs
Toronto, Ontario, CA
0 minutes ago
Dallas, TX, US
4 minutes ago