The 1199SEIU Funds are seeking an experienced and skilled professional to manage the Junior Investments Analyst function. This professional would work closely with other members of the Investment Department and will report directly to the Managing Director of Investment Operations. The Investment Department is comprised of accomplished professionals from top investment, accounting, and Wall Street firms.
- Prepare and analyze investment performance, risk, and attribution reports
- Work with team members to research, due diligence and monitor external asset managers and prospective managers
- Build and maintain sophisticated Excel-based databases for the purposes of analyzing asset managers
- Ensure integrity of data being utilized for the purposes of analyzing asset managers
- Assist in maintaining and improving modeling and reporting templates, validating results with back-tests and incorporating them in overall analytics and reporting package
- Perform ad-hoc research as requested
Summary of 1199SEIU Funds
- High attention to detail
- Strong work ethic, independent problem-solving capabilities, effective communicator
- Intellectual curiosity with an interest in developing a career in asset management
- Collegial, team player
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Finance, Economics or another quantitative discipline) with outstanding academic performance that demonstrates strong analytical background and quantitative skills
- CFA Level l or higher
- 1 to 5 years of relevant investment-related work experience with institutional investor such as an endowment, foundation or pension fund
- Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint
- Prior experience with investment software such as MPI Stylus, FactSet and Blackrock Aladdin Risk is highly preferred
The 1199SEIU Funds provide pension and health benefits to over 200,000 working and retired union employees of leading private, not-for-profit healthcare organizations such as Montefiore Medical Center, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York Presbyterian Hospital, and NYU Medical Center. With approximately $13 billion of assets under management, we are one of the largest providers of union pension and health benefits in the nation.
We offer a competitive salary, an excellent fully employer-paid comprehensive benefits package and talented professional colleagues. For consideration and to apply, please visit us at https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm03/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=NBF1199&cws=1&rid=8344
Please mention you saw this ad in Trusted Insight. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter (explaining why this position is appealing and how you meet our required qualifications).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.