This represents an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to a broad array of asset classes (including equity, fixed income, real estate, hedge funds, private equity, and distressed debt) managed by some of the most successful and sought after asset managers in the world. The Junior Investment Analyst will work closely with the eleven members of the Investment Department.
Responsibilities will include:
• Work with the Investment Analysts in preparing and analyzing investment performance, attribution, and analytical reports
• Assist Investment Analysts to research, perform due diligence on, and monitor external asset managers and prospective new managers
• Build and maintain sophisticated Excel-based databases for the purposes of analyzing and evaluating asset managers
• Support the Investment Department on data integration, total portfolio analytics, risk reporting, and implementing factor models for total portfolio and asset classes
• Assist in maintaining and improving modeling and reporting templates, validating results with back-tests and incorporating them in overall analytics and reporting package
• Perform ad-hoc research as requested
• As shared functional responsibility:
- Management and coordination of Investment Committee presentation materials
- Investment compliance monitoring
- Management of investment cash movements and monitoring cash positions.
• Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Finance, Economics, and/or Mathematics) with outstanding academic performance that demonstrates strong analytical background and quantitative skills
• 1 to 3 years of relevant investment-related work experience
• Intellectual curiosity with an interest in developing a career in asset management
• Strong work ethic, independent problem solving capabilities, effective communication
• High attention to detail
• Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint
• Passed CFA Level I is preferred
• Prior experience with investment software such as MPI Stylus, Evestment, Bloomberg, Factset, Private I, Blackrock Solutions is preferred.
Summary of 1199SEIU Funds
The 1199SEIU Funds provide pension and health benefits for healthcare organizations including leading institutions such as Montefiore Medical Center, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York Presbyterian Hospital, and NYU Medical Center. These organizations employ a large union workforce. With approximately $11 billion of assets under management, we are one of the largest providers of union pension and health benefits in the nation.
The Fund is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package and a collegial team environment. Interested candidates should send a cover letter (explaining why this position is appealing and how you meet our required qualifications) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fund Manager from
Fund of Funds from United States
Related Investment Jobs
1 day, 5 hours ago
1 day, 5 hours ago