The Investment Operations Specialist works within RVK’s Investment Operations Solutions Group (“IOSG”) practice and develops and delivers consulting services to both new and existing clients with a specific focus on IOSG domain coverage areas (Trust/Custody, Defined Contribution Recordkeeping, Securities Lending, Transition Management and other investment operations vendor relationships).
The primary responsibility of the Investment Operations Specialist is to help clients meet their investment and investment program management objectives with a specific focus on topics, challenges, and opportunities related to investment operations. The Investment Operations Specialist provides support to the IOSG Practice Lead in his or her core leadership and execution responsibilities within the IOSG.
The Investment Operations Specialist will also provide support as directed for the Defined Contribution Solutions Group (“DCSG”) practice and RVK’s client consulting teams with respect to all IOSG and other related topics. The Investment Operations Specialist works as part of a team on projects within IOSG domain coverage areas or in support of a team of retainer consulting colleagues typically as a subject matter expert to the firm’s institutional clients on a range of issues.
Responsibilities of this role may include the following tasks:
- Lead or co-lead teams or individually conduct due diligence on investment operation vendors.
- Provide deliverables that evaluate the quality and reasonable cost of investment operation vendors related to client segments and individual client portfolios as engaged.
- Lead or co-lead the development or individually develop IOSG vendor and marketplace memos for specific clients as well as the overall firm.
- Lead or co-lead teams in conducting search and selection processes for IOSG vendors and recommends appropriate vendors for usage by clients as a result of effective formal or informal processes.
- Lead or co-lead dedicated and/or non-dedicated project and retainer teams in developing research opinions on the marketplace for investment operations and the various providers thereof.
- Support the IOSG Practice Lead in the development and maintenance of RVK vendor research database(s) in support of firm due diligence, ongoing vendor research, and vendor search and selection activities.
- Support the IOSG Practice Lead in the development and maintenance or individually develops and maintains a slate of deliverable templates as required to support RVK clients and consulting teams.
- Develop or assist with the team development and review of policies related to investment operation vendors and programs.
- Assist IOSG Practice Lead with the development of business strategy.
- Lead or co-lead specialized research teams / projects.
- Assist with efforts to market and expand RVK’s consulting business related to this practice line and supports the general efforts of others.
- As required by project leadership, interact with boards, committees, professional staff and fiduciaries in assessing challenges, devising alternative solutions, recommending optimal approaches, and assists clients with successful execution of decisions.
- Mentor, manage, and motivate other colleagues with RVK, specifically any dedicated support professionals.
- Demonstrated experience that shows strong presentation, interpersonal skills, analytical, and written communication skills;
- Experienced in project management;
- General Knowledge of investment consulting principles, investment strategies, policies and regulations applicable to the investment consulting industry with a particular focus on those applicable to the investment operations marketplace;
- Strong presentation and meeting facilitation skills – comfortable presenting in front of boards and investment committees;
- Well-versed in quantitative analytical techniques – ability to interpret results;
- A record of consistent adherence to the highest ethical standards of professional conduct;
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships;
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, highly collegial, client-centric, and intellectually challenging consulting model;
- Ability to work and think independently;
- Ability to travel as needed within the United States.
- Strong preference for at least 2 to 5 years’ experience related to any of the following areas – defined contribution record keeping/TPA services or custody/trust bank services.
- Candidates with additional or differentiated experience may be given priority or considered for alternative roles.
- Previous investment operations experience preferred; however, highly relevant experience in the endowment, corporate and public defined benefit and defined contribution, other client types or asset management areas may also be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or related discipline.
- Chartered Financial Analyst or other relevant professional designation and / or Master’s degree in Finance, Economics or Business Administration a major plus.
RVK is a national firm with headquarters in Portland, OR and regional offices in New York, NY and Chicago, IL. We provide unbiased general investing consulting services to nearly 200 institutional clients. Our clients include corporations, public retirement systems, Taft-Hartley funds, non-profit organizations, non-pension operating funds, and high-net-worth individuals and families. The heart of RVK is our team-centered approach to client service, provided by our experienced team of consulting professionals. RVK's commitment to independence and no conflicts of interest is second to none. RVK is one of the ten largest investment consulting firms in the United States, as reported by Pensions & Investments’ 2017 Special Report – Consultants. Additionally, RVK received a notable award as it was named one of three Greenwich Quality Leaders among large U.S. investment consultants (based upon Greenwich Associates’ 2017 study).
RVK offers a competitive benefits package to full-time regular employees including medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k) retirement plan, pretax medical flexible-spending, dependent care, pretax transportation with subsidy after one year of service, tuition reimbursement to enhance career development, and a generous paid-time-off program. Come join a company that rewards hard work and appreciates its employees!
To learn more about our company, please visit us at http://rvkinc.com. If you enjoy working collaboratively with others and consider yourself to be a creative thinker, then contact us today! For immediate consideration, please apply through our company website by clicking on Career Opportunities on the home page.
You will need to submit a cover letter explaining how your skills and abilities meet the qualifications and a copy of your résumé. We request that you submit your materials in a PDF format.
We receive a significant volume of applicants and cannot respond to each applicant individually. We review all applications and will contact only those candidates whose skills, experience, and qualifications meet our requirements for the position. Please do not contact us regarding the status of your application. No phone calls, faxes, or temporary staffing agencies, please.
RVK supports workforce diversity and is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate on the basis of genetic information.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Endowment from United States of America
Related Investment Jobs
Boston, MA, US
1 hour, 11 minutes ago
Yolo County, CA, US
8 hours, 5 minutes ago