Investment Risk and Analytical Services (IRAS) provides Investment Performance and Risk Measurement reporting and analysis, Compliance Guideline Monitoring, and Private …
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
• Creates thorough and sound research reports that are independent and objective
• Performs statistical and fundamental analysis on asset classes
• Analyzes current and prospective investments and their risk and return characteristics
• Assists the CIO and SIO with presentations and research materials for internal and WRS board use.
• Prepares various ad hoc research reports for the CIO, Executive Director and SIO • Organizes and reviews all investment related information, statements, reports, etc.
• Provides summaries Completes various industry surveys and provides analysis of the results
• Maintains investment notes software and reporting
• Assists in preparation of investment committee minutes
PREFERENCES: Preference will be given to individuals who have progress towards the CFA designation or an MBA degree
• Knowledge of Bloomberg
• Broad knowledge of investment instruments across all asset classes including an advanced understanding of financial markets, concepts, and principles
• Strong understanding of macroeconomics and its influence on investment markets and valuations
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal relationship skills including the ability to build relationships
• Ability to work with minimal direction and supervision
• Strong problem solving skills and quantitative acumen
• Advanced computer software skills and high proficiency in spreadsheet and statistical software packages.
Education: Bachelor's Degree (typically in Finance) PLUS Experience: 1-2 years of progressive work experience (typically in Finance) with acquired knowledge at the level of a Senior Investment Specialist
Education & Experience Substitution: 4-6 years of progressive work experience (typically in Finance) with acquired knowledge at the level of a Senior Investment Specialist
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Office setting.
• Up to 10% travel required
Insights not available
Related Investment Jobs
Chicago, IL, US
12 hours, 35 minutes ago
Walnut Creek, CA, US
12 hours, 41 minutes ago